New on the block

RuthLess
by RuthLess · 12 posts
8 years ago in Introductions
Posted 8 years ago · Author
Hi Everyone! My name is Ruth. Wanted to introduce my self - a cyber hand shake of sorts. It's good to be here in Mafia land. I've been a customer of IMVU for about 7 years now. With several long breaks during that time. I spend a lot of time at Utherverse too. Especially when I get tired of dot jumping and wanna stretch my legs. Plus Utherverse actually openly supports sex. Something IMVU only seems to wanna punish. I tried SL a couple of times now. Results there were not stellar. Somehow I managed to delete about half of my avatar. I have no freaking clue how that happened but I never went back after that. I looked like something out of TWD. Creepy.

I don't do any designing or deco work. I'm purely a customer. Have some fashion sense. I mostly come to meet people, dress my avatar up with new clothes, dance and party and other "stuff".

I do have a question for you. At Utherverse for instance, there's skins and clothes. Several layers to play with. But only one skin on at a time. I can't for the life of me understand having both avatar and skin objects. Or how they affect the other. And sometimes when I think I've got it, wham - my toon suddenly has a big head with green tshirt on , and ugly blue shorts. Makes no sense. I didn't put them on but they got there. So, before I got out and spend 250 credits on more stuff, help me understand how those 2 things work. Which is the chicken and which is the egg? Who's on first? What's on second? BLAAHHHHHHH *Runs from the room and screams outside*

Ok, I calmed down. I'm usually easy going Drives me nuts when I at least can't use something. That's enough from me. I really am glad you guys are here. Talk to you all soon.

Ruth

-- Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:41 pm --

And no , that is not me. I do have red hair tho. And I can wish for the rest. :aHappy:
Posted 8 years ago
RuthLess wrote:
And no , that is not me. I do have red hair tho.And I can wish for the rest.

That's too bad. It would be awesome if Bianca Beauchamp used our site. She's so sexy.

Sorry I can't be of much help with you chicken and the egg problem. I am a little busy at the moment and don't fully understand the problem right now.

Anyway, welcome to our site and I hope you enjoy you stay here and find everything to be enjoyable and useful. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a pm.
Posted 8 years ago
And sometimes when I think I've got it, wham - my toon suddenly has a big head with green tshirt on , and ugly blue shorts. Makes no sense. I didn't put them on but they got there. So, before I got out and spend 250 credits on more stuff, help me understand how those 2 things work. Which is the chicken and which is the egg? Who's on first? What's on second? BLAAHHHHHHH *Runs from the room and screams outside*

The green shirt and blue shorts are the default clothing. To get rid of them you have to wear different clothing. If you want to be naked, then you can wear invisible clothing (nude suits).
Posted 8 years ago · Author
Thank you for your kind words of welcome. I realize I sounded a little frantic.

Tonight I had another experience with the green shirt/blue shorts. I had been playing for an hour or two trying to get a certain look (We're talking important , highly secret stuff here) I was just about there, Thought I'd just check to see if this other top would be better. I put it on. Or thought I did. The next thing I know, big feet, big hands, and head the size of a pumpkin. thank god I do lots of saves. But that just doesn't seem normal to me.

I'll find out yet which item controls the look. Sometimes it seems like avatar other times the skin. And heaven forbid you tweak the look on top of the skin. ie, avatar re sizer, boob job, jewelry even. My working theory is the object avatar (not to be confused with the whole, this is just the part) is the bones. The frame. You better well like how that avatar looks too. Things like a smile originate there. Size of your toon - there. How your toon sits, whether she has big feet right out of the box - there. The skin is the wrapping paper. The sheet metal around the frame. The pretty pink on top of the bones. I'm thinking either designers have no set guide lines governing that , or there's lots of wiggle room or it's too much work for such little pay. I should learn how to make this stuff so I'll understand. Hopefully I live that long. Sorry for the rant folks. I'm not always like this.
Posted 8 years ago
Bianca Beuchamp.... Yummy @.@
Posted 8 years ago
RuthLess wrote:
Thank you for your kind words of welcome.I realize I sounded a little frantic.Tonight I had another experience with the green shirt/blue shorts.I had been playing for an hour or two trying to get a certain look (We're talking important , highly secret stuff here)I was just about there, Thought I'd just check to see if this other top would be better. I put it on. Or thought I did. The next thing I know, big feet, big hands, and head the size of a pumpkin.thank god I do lots of saves.But that just doesn't seem normal to me.I'll find out yet which item controls the look. Sometimes it seems like avatar other times the skin.And heaven forbid you tweak the look on top of the skin. ie, avatar re sizer, boob job, jewelry even.My working theory is the object avatar (not to be confused with the whole, this is just the part) is the bones. The frame.You better well like how that avatar looks too.Things like a smile originate there. Size of your toon - there.How your toon sits, whether she has big feet right out of the box - there.The skin is the wrapping paper.The sheet metal around the frame. The pretty pink on top of the bones.I'm thinking either designers have no set guide lines governing that , or there's lots of wiggle room or it's too much work for such little pay.I should learn how to make this stuff so I'll understand.Hopefully I live that long. Sorry for the rant folks.I'm not always like this.

you get used to making different looks in time as for rooms yea they are some pretty ugly ones out there but there are some really awsome ones too you just have to look alot to find them
as for learning how to make them that depends if you are just deriving existing products and just applying different textures to them ( the easyer way), or learn how to make them from scratch in max 3D ( harder way @ axiom can help you better with that )

as for sex products only here you can find them and learn how to make them.There are some other websites out there but here prices are really good and you learn alot too if your active enough.

P.S. forgot to say welcome lol :wave: i hope you enjoy the website and the group of people here :D
Posted 8 years ago
Yeah feel free to ask me about Max 3Ds (especially if you have these boobs) and welcome to the freaky fam :D
Posted 8 years ago
Hi and welcome
@RuthLess
The issue you're talking about is on IMVU or on Utherverse ? Sometimes some items has been wrongly meshed and it glitches and put your avi to the noob look on IMVU maybe it's becase of it and if it's on Utherverse I can't help much about it :/