IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 11 years ago
LatexKitty wrote:
I am just wondering; Why imvu stores( temporary ) files in the temporary internet files map of internet explorer on my computer ? How longer i stay online with imvu lite, how more space it takes is, between 150 MB to almost 300 MB.. :?

Because the IMVU client is basically nothing but a fancy web browser.
Posted 11 years ago · Author
LatexKitty wrote:
I am just wondering; Why imvu stores( temporary ) files in the temporary internet files map of internet explorer on my computer ? How longer i stay online with imvu lite, how more space it takes is, between 150 MB to almost 300 MB.. :?

Well IMVU is basically a web browse that can only go to certain places so it operates the same. I don't know the specifics though. But are you saying it uses more space when you use IMVULite?
Posted 11 years ago
I see.. because its just this new client that does this, the older versions never did. I dont know if the regular client uses less or more than the lite one because if i update, i get the lite one straight away. I didt saw anyone on imvu asking about it, so i thought it was just related to the lite version. Thats why i am asking about it here :) .

-- Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:07 pm --

LatexKitty wrote:
I see.. because its just this new client that does this, the older versions never did. I dont know if the regular client uses less or more than the lite one because if i update, i get the lite one straight away. I didt saw anyone on imvu asking about it, so i thought it was just related to the lite version. Thats why i am asking about it here :) .

* Didnt

-- Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:09 pm --

sorry, making a mess here lol..
Posted 11 years ago
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
Updated IMVULite, check the main post to download the newest version.

Is there a changelog for v10?

Just wondering what's new in the version.
Pimmalage wrote:
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
Updated IMVULite, check the main post to download the newest version.

Is there a changelog for v10?

Just wondering what's new in the version.

Updated to 479.12. Since v9 was on 478, this includes all the updates from these versions:

479.12:
- Improve the loading speed of custom lists in Dress Up Mode.

479.10:
- Fix an issue where the IMVU Extension would not properly install with Google Chrome.

479.8:
- Improved detection of corrupt installations.
- Fix default categories when deriving from accessories.

479.6:
- Internal updates for future features.

479.4:
- Fix an issue where the scrollbar in the inventory tool was cut off at the bottom.

479.2:
- Fix an issue where the in-room gift notification could crash if the gift recipient was still loading.
- Fix category selection when deriving accessories.

479.0:
- Fix an issue where 'Escape' was not closing dialogs.
- Fix a crash that could occur when the service is having difficulty.
- Fix a crash that could occur when a product asset was missing.
- Fix a crash that could occur when closing a mode.
- Fix a crash that would occur if a specific cache file was corrupted.
- Fix an issue where voiceboxes would fail to load completely.
- Fix an issue with Find People Mode where it was not resetting to page one on a new search.
- Fix a crash that could occur when sent certain away notes.
Posted 11 years ago
works great :D
thank you very much for this - keep it up!
Posted 11 years ago
Hi, this is great and all..but when I try to click "Find People" (from the home tab) it'll instantly crash my IMVU (using your client) could you fix this?
OneTime102 wrote:
Hi, this is great and all..but when I try to click "Find People" (from the home tab) it'll instantly crash my IMVU (using your client) could you fix this?

I just tested it and didn't get a crash. Can you pm me your crash log located here:

Vista/7:
Code
C:\Users\{YOUR USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\IMVU\cpp.log

Xp:
Code
C:\Documents and Settings\{YOUR USER NAME}\Application DataRoaming\IMVU\cpp.log
Posted 11 years ago
umm i have a problem with the delete Imvu thingy...each time i try to open it it doesn't work and then my computer says its a trojan, help?