IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 11 years ago · Author
kleo110 wrote:
umm i have a problem with the delete Imvu thingy...each time i try to open it it doesn't work and then my computer says its a trojan, help?

What do you mean it doesn't work?

-Does a window pop up and say anything?

Also, ignore the Trojan warning, it's a false positive.
Posted 11 years ago
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
kleo110 wrote:
umm i have a problem with the delete Imvu thingy...each time i try to open it it doesn't work and then my computer says its a trojan, help?

- it says: windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.

this happens each time i click it and the the threat thingy pops up asking to heal or remove.
kleo110 wrote:
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
kleo110 wrote:

- it says: windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.

this happens each time i click it and the the threat thingy pops up asking to heal or remove.

Are you using XP, Vista or 7?
Posted 11 years ago
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
kleo110 wrote:
Ð▪ℳ wrote:

-windows 7
kleo110 wrote:
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
kleo110 wrote:

-windows 7

You may have UAC on, try right clicking the Delete IMVU exe file and running it as Administrator.
Posted 11 years ago
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
kleo110 wrote:
Ð▪ℳ wrote:

-windows 7

You may have UAC on, try right clicking the Delete IMVU exe file and running it as Administrator.

ok so i extracted/unzipped the file and 2 mins later the same thing popped up (heal or remove program) and right away it took away the 'delete imvu' after i pressed heal. should i just leave it alone? and not press the heal or move to vault option? on my comp its telling me its a trojan.obd.....is there a way that i can do this manually?
kleo110 wrote:
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
kleo110 wrote:

-windows 7

ok so i extracted/unzipped the file and 2 mins later the same thing popped up (heal or remove program) and right away it took away the 'delete imvu' after i pressed heal. should i just leave it alone? and not press the heal or move to vault option? on my comp its telling me its a trojan.obd.....is there a way that i can do this manually?

I told you it was a false positive, that means your anti virus program is wrong. So don't heal, move or do anything with it.

But just to save time and prevent anymore confusion on your end, Just delete the IMVUClient folder inside "AppData\Roaming" and install IMVULite
Posted 11 years ago
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
kleo110 wrote:
Ð▪ℳ wrote:

I told you it was a false positive, that means your anti virus program is wrong. So don't heal, move or do anything with it.

But just to save time and prevent anymore confusion on your end, Just delete the IMVUClient folder inside "AppData\Roaming" and install IMVULite

sorry about the confusion, buti tried the process one more time leaving it alone however i still wasnt able to access it even as admin. However i did as you directed in the second option and everything is working fine. if i come across a problem i'll be sure to post it up. thank you for you patientce D.M
kleo110 wrote:
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
kleo110 wrote:

sorry about the confusion, buti tried the process one more time leaving it alone however i still wasnt able to access it even as admin. However i did as you directed in the second option and everything is working fine. if i come across a problem i'll be sure to post it up. thank you for you patientce D.M

I guess UAC blocks it anyway, I will have to do some tests with UAC and see if it's the cause and how to work around it.
Posted 11 years ago
cool i got updated verison.Ty