Windows 10 Thoughts

AnonymousOrange
by AnonymousOrange · 22 posts
8 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 8 years ago
D.M wrote:
adryan87 wrote:i use windows 10 and its great just be sure to follow a tutorial i posted sometime ago in here about regaining some privacyYou should post a link to that tutorial here.

sorry for the late reply i am a bit busy with moving to the new house
here is the link to the tutorial i posted a while back

https://www.imvumafias.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10746&p=137333&hilit=windows+10#p137333
Posted 8 years ago
windows 10 is nonsense
Posted 7 years ago · Author
So I'm sure many of you have been using 10 now for a while (maybe not), but I have not had a single problem with the OS. However my friend reports that he got a bad update and his computer wouldn't boot correctly. Not sure what was going on, but it sounds like he got it fixed (the problem just went away, or so he said). Curious... Anyone have any horror stories about 10 or just general thoughts?

A. Orange
Posted 7 years ago
I must say that it is the fastest version of windows in my opinion. I can run Photoshop, two veryyy heavy games, video programs, and firefox with a billion tabs open, with very little issues. I love it for the fact that the win explorer doesn't crash as much as it used to in any of the previous wins. Not to say that its fantastically fast when I do that lol, but that it doesn't crash and I lose data is what I like.
Posted 7 years ago
I personally love windows 10 and it rarely crashes. So much to learn in it still. :roll:
Posted 7 years ago
I wish all major application were as polished on windows 10 as Mac OS. There are so many applications that I hate using due to my high DPI display e.g VLC Player and Photoshop

Another Issue I've found due to my High DPI display is that I can't put the recycling bin in the very bottom right corner when I have align icons to grid on.
Posted 7 years ago
YourWaver wrote:
I wish all major application were as polished on windows 10 as Mac OS. There are so many applications that I hate using due to my high DPI display e.g VLC Player and PhotoshopAnother Issue I've found due to my High DPI display is that I can't put the recycling bin in the very bottom right corner when I have align icons to grid on.

I use both of those programs on Windows 10 with no issues. Granted I'm using 96dpi across 3 23inch 1080p displays.

What issues are you having with them?
Posted 7 years ago
D.M wrote:
I use both of those programs on Windows 10 with no issues. Granted I'm using 96dpi across 3 23inch 1080p displays.What issues are you having with them?

My display has a dpi of 166, which means that everything needs to be enlarged to 150%. VLC player doesn't scale at all so the icons are too small and photoshop only has the option of scaling the UI to either 100% or 200%. I know there is a trick to scale photoshop to 150% through adding something in the registry, but text is too blurry for me to want to do it that way.
Posted 7 years ago
YourWaver wrote:
My display has a dpi of 166, which means that everything needs to be enlarged to 150%. VLC player doesn't scale at all so the icons are too small and photoshop only has the option of scaling the UI to either 100% or 200%. I know there is a trick to scale photoshop to 150% through adding something in the registry, but text is too blurry for me to want to do it that way.

Is lowering your DPI an option? I've never had monitors with that high of a dpi before.
Posted 6 years ago
I would not go with windows 10 I prefer 7 if I am using windows I use mac though. I prefer unix it is much more secure.