sophos No votes
eset 25%
25%
trend micro No votes
other(provide name) 25%
25%
Posted 1 year ago
@Datamine
Yes your standards on privacy are high, which is a good thing.
I also had no clue of this eons ago when I got avg. I actually liked it alot. However in the later years avg has become super heavy doing god knows what in the background thats NOT scanning. Once I looked at it and it was eating up 2gbs of space. I took it off for a month, felt unsafe and then put it back on lmao. But reading this makes me want to go raw. :sweatdrop:

@Caleidanna
I couldn't agree with you more. You wont believe how many people get doped into the fake imvu sites that steal their pass words lol.
Posted 1 year ago
@Caleidanna

thx for speakin' on what antivirus you use and sharin' your opinion, thats why i made the topic! i dont have a suggestion for you bc it seems you got it figured out but i would like to know why you dont just use kaspersky since you say its the best. what makes it better than eset for you?

I couldnt find Kaspersky free, I found only free Eset and this reason that makes it perfect for me to use :)) Hmm the cat says bad about meat if cant touch, i m not like that but i havent enough money to pay for antivirus like that and i am using ESET trial and i can find key when i need. Hmm but if u say something is best and free then i will look at it, i didnt questioning and think about this topic before. Thank you
Posted 1 year ago
@Caleidanna

I use spybot as a backup security system for fixing other peoples' computers. It is small and easy to stick on a thumb drive / run with windows in emergency mode. The size, low resource usage, and low requirements to run; all make it extremely convenient for tuning up old malware riddled computers owned by the elderly (who make up the majority of people asking me for computer repair).
Posted 1 year ago
Caleidanna wrote:
@Amarok78
what were the reasons for you to use spybot instead of comodo? unless you still use both then what features made you choose them from the rest?

Can the price of the subscription be a valid answer?

I have always been comfortable with Comodo, although I have also used other software such as Spybot and Malwarebytes as additional tools, but having to buy a subscription my choice was mainly conditioned by the price.
Posted 1 year ago · Author

@Sinkaf

Sinkaf wrote:
I couldnt find Kaspersky free, I found only free Eset and this reason that makes it perfect for me to use :) i havent enough money to pay for antivirus like that and i am using ESET trial and i can find key when i need.

i get your reason but also curious to know how you can find keys anytime you need them

@Don Von Alpha Dom

spybot sounds good from what you said and especially if it helps the elderly with their pcs bc they need all the help they can get

@Amarok78

Amarok78 wrote:
Can the price of the subscription be a valid answer?I have always been comfortable with Comodo, although I have also used other software such as Spybot and Malwarebytes as additional tools, but having to buy a subscription my choice was mainly conditioned by the price.

ofc! price is always a valid answer and a decidin' factor bc of the differences between a free and payed version