Interesting read: Better Business Bureau(BBB)imvu complaints

Xhynrae
by Xhynrae · 7 posts
9 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 9 years ago · Author
http://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/internet-services/imvu-in-mountain-view-ca-225868/complaints

Interesting read especially "good faith attempt to resolve conflict" Must not update, since been awhile for most recent complaint.
Posted 8 years ago
I'll paste the story of my complaint too, I thought the BBB website is a joke, only they take money from Imvu for accreditation, and just the Imvu staff needs to answer to your complaint, it does not matter if they reply shit ... this is like does the BBB.
Posted 8 years ago
axiom wrote:
I'll paste the story of my complaint too, I thought the BBB website is a joke, only they take money from Imvu for accreditation, and justthe Imvu staff needs to answer to your complaint, it does not matter if they reply shit ... this is like does the BBB.

Correct. The BBB has zero authority to make sure a business treats you fairly, other than to force the business to communicate with you. As long as IMVU communicates with you, the BBB can not do anything. That real person communication they get you with a higher up staff member, is better than an IMVU help ticket though. It's worth a shot.
Posted 8 years ago
IMVU actually replies to these? I still think that if you get banned (probably the only reason you'd even file a report), IMVU wil lstill win because they have a lot of wiggle room in their TOS.
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
IMVU actually replies to these? I still think that if you get banned (probably the only reason you'd even file a report), IMVU wil lstill win because they have a lot of wiggle room in their TOS.

Yes, IMVU staff actually replies to these, and not just automated messages from an outsourced worker on an island where they have never heard of IMVU ... which is all you seem to get from help tickets. With the BBB you get responses from an actual higher up staff member in Cali. The staff member talks like a defensive heartless lawyer with their head and TOS stuck up their own ass, but at least you get a real human being who knows what they are talking about.