Windows 10 Thoughts

AnonymousOrange
by AnonymousOrange · 22 posts
8 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 8 years ago · Author
Recently I upgraded my computer from windows 8/8.1 (ewww) to windows 10. So far I haven't had too many issues other than an annoying notification sound every so often. Has anyone else tried out the new window (I want to go back to 7 lol).

:star: Orange :star:
Posted 8 years ago
I am having no issues now with Win10. Basically its like a cash cow though. With having to purchase your apps etc. Other then that I have no problems now what so ever with Win10.
Posted 8 years ago · Author
Windows 10 is less tablet and mobile phone software oriented than 8 was. At least there is an actual setting to turn to a "tablet mode" instead of hybrid menus and features everywhere.
Posted 8 years ago
adryan87 wrote:
i use windows 10 and its great just be sure to follow a tutorial i posted sometime ago in here about regaining some privacy

You should post a link to that tutorial here.
Posted 8 years ago
I'm loving Win10, easy, clean, polished. I did have to tweak & customize before i got to this point of how i like things. There are some issues, so i probably should have waited to upgrade. Problems i ran into is that some programs have not caught up w win10 and are not compatible, yet. Same with drivers. Sound with skype and 3ds max 2011. Glitches w max were taken care of w 2015version. Skype ive still not figured out how to fix.

Tweaked to remove the default apps using these instructions http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them/
Posted 8 years ago
xhynrae wrote:
I'm loving Win10, easy, clean, polished.I did have to tweak & customize before i got to this point of how i like things.There are some issues, so i probably should have waited to upgrade.Problems i ran into is that some programs have not caught up w win10 and are not compatible, yet.Same with drivers.Sound with skype and 3ds max 2011.Glitches w max were taken care of w 2015version.Skype ive still not figured out how to fix.Tweaked to remove the default apps using these instructions http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to- ... tall-them/

Thank you for your valuable info. I've also found a lot of troubles on Max 3Ds and with graphic programs such Photofiltre, and Skype as well, that's why I uninstalled W10. I hope they will fix soon.
Posted 8 years ago
So far, the only issues I've noticed with Skype is sometimes the program will glitch out graphically like I've ran out of memory and when you are in a video call and have the tiny can window open, the main program window will lag behind unless you click on it and keep it focused.
Posted 8 years ago
I agree with some progs not being caught up with Win10, though like with anything new, there is to a degree some amount to twitching to get it just how you like it. I have heard some wanting to revert back to 97!! ugh beats me why. Though seriously, if you want to keep up with modern technology. You simply do just that. It is to me like any other thing, example some people like a standard coffee as to someone who prefers a latte. It just comes down to personal preference. ;)