Can anyone recommend any Notepad++ Plugins?

GenericName
by GenericName · 8 posts
7 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 7 years ago · Author
Would be useful to have some more Plugins. :D
Posted 7 years ago
I personally use https://sourceforge.net/projects/nppjsonviewer/ a lot when working with IMVU and our site.

Other that that I only have the default plugins installed. I fine Notepad++ to be very capable without plugins for the most part. I find that regular expressions and the find/replace dialog cover most of my needs.

What is it you're looking to do?
D.M wrote:
I personally use https://sourceforge.net/projects/nppjsonviewer/ a lot when working with IMVU and our site.Other that that I only have the default plugins installed.What is it you're looking to do?

Ah, okay thank you and I'm just looking for basic tools to make the overall experience a bit easier. I'm currently only using Quick Color Picker to show the hex colours on an underline so I don't have to keep checking what they are.
Posted 7 years ago
I can suggest:
-XML Tools which will basically help you in indenting XML files such as imvu XMF, XSF etc.
-Spell-Checker for typos in your language
-MultiClipboard shows you a history of things you copied before
-Explorer we all need a file manager/explorer
-Compare helps you diff two files

you can also look into other pluglins such as Preview HTML and NPPExport

Enjoy :panda1:
Posted 7 years ago
GenericName wrote:
I'm just looking for basic tools to make the overall experience a bit easier. I'm currently only using Quick Color Picker to show the hex colours on an underline so I don't have to keep checking what they are.

You tailor plugins based on what your needs are. So it depends on what you use Notepad++ for and which of those things you spend a lot of time doing to make a plugin worth installing.

While Notepad++ is my default text editor I mainly use it for writing code. Since Notepad++ handles most things I as a programmer would need out of the box (syntax highlighting, indentation guides, string manipulation, regular expressions etc.) I find myself not really needing any plugins.

What do you spend most of your time doing in Notepad++?
I'm mostly using it to learn basic coding languages in general, so I'm not really stuck on one thing, so I'd really want quite a few different plugins for different tasks if that really makes sense?
Posted 7 years ago
Elie wrote:
I can suggest:
-XML Tools which will basically help you in indenting XML files such as imvu XMF, XSF etc.
-Spell-Checker for typos in your language
-MultiClipboard shows you a history of things you copied before
-Explorer we all need a file manager/explorer
-Compare helps you diff two filesyou can also look into other pluglins such as Preview HTML and NPPExportEnjoy

what elie suggested its like the basic pluggins that you would need. there are others
-Emmet aka zen coding.
and then the Npp is filled with lots of options like elli said the exporter and there is also the NppMenuSearch.
then theres the
-AutoSave which i think is pretty awesome.
-Preview HTML.
I just love Notepad++. its lightweight, i use it every single day.