Great idea

XunknownX
by XunknownX · 16 posts
12 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 12 years ago · Author
I was thinking about imvu and got a great idea , like why imvu creators always make there creations expensive 1000+ credits, and the only thing we get is 30 promo credits every 2 hours if we play with our pet which is equal to 240 credit a day if a person was 8 hours active , and 80% of the people on imvu dont like "Review products" and doing offers all the day to get 500 credit , so we need a way to convince those creators to lower the cost of there product's at least 300 credits , it will be great if all creators did this , so everybody can buy what he wants without need to wait 3 or 4 days , and it will decrease the amount of cash spent on buying credits from imvu wffhich means less cash and more stuff ...

Posted 12 years ago
Someone already came up with that idea, his name is LOL and the name is his plan is "Price Reduction Scheme".
http://avatars.imvu.com/LOL

If you wish to support the plan, then get his PRS badge. He is one of the few devs who receives our support.
Posted 12 years ago
I will have a rant on this from a creators point of view. I am not a mesher but i can easily steal meshes if i ask but i don't i use the meshes other people make and most often those meshes are priced at 400 credits so how do you want us to set the price to 300 credits. Do you want us to get a -100 profits?
I always set my price to either 50 or 100 depending on how much work i have to do on the texture so that makes the price either 450 or 500 .
The developers that set the product cost to 1000 are often the developers who do 0 change derives from a product that was already created for example I derive from a mesher and price the product at 600 and i forget to remove the ability to derive. So some lazy ass comes along and derive from my product and sets his profits to 400 credits thus making the product 1000 credits .
So this is my advice to you , instead of complaining about how developers over price the product check the derivation tree which you can see below the buy button . Most of the overpriced products are 0 change derivations.
Posted 12 years ago
If you submit a derivable mesh, I think roughly 400 is the cheapest you can make it unless you want to make less than 100cr off each derive, which to be fair, 100cr is not nearly all that much, especially if you're not a pro or popular dev who pulls in multiple sales a day. So making it any lower just really isn't worth it to anyone actually trying to earn money or at least a supply of credits for themselves.

As for deriving someone else's mesh, lots of devs could do with lowering the price, but you have to remember, the person who derives has to start off at the base price the mesh creator chose so unless they want to make zero profit, then they will have to go a bit higher. So they may not always be the person who can dictate how much they want to charge. Of course you get those assholes that just jack up the price hoping to get rich or just resubmit the same product for a higher price or just do a very piss poor job and think they're great (like spamming the same texture on everything in a room. I see that so much :roll:).

For base derivables though, I think 400 is the cheapest a dev should go unless they are willing to make less than a 100cr each time someone buys a product that another person created from their mesh, as I stated above.

All-in-all I think 300 is the cheapest any product can be now (I know sometimes you see things for 250 or less), I haven't been able to go any lower even when submitting my own meshes. But as I stated above, that would require zero profit for the dev and 100% profit for IMVU (since they will get the submission fee plus the fee every time someone purchases the product or derivation). I am sure nobody here wants that now do we?
Posted 12 years ago
If there was a ability to remove the imvu tax cut from the product that i support it 100 percent. Those cheap asses don't even need the credits they can snap the credits and holy crap they got 44545485456465456484784846884787 credits on their account.
Posted 12 years ago
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
Makes you wonder if we could set 0% profit for IMVU on an item...

The only way to do that would be to bypass the fee they put on every product. Other than that, you still have the price it costs to submit the product. The only thing I can think of is somehow tricking IMVU into taking away fake credits from you when you submit that have no value.

Nikky Maxim wrote:
If there was a ability to remove the imvu tax cut from the product that i support it 100 percent. Those cheap asses don't even need the credits they can snap the credits and holy crap they got 44545485456465456484784846884787 credits on their account.

Yea, they could do that, but then they would destroy the value of credits completely. It's the same reason a country just can't print more money and make itself rich.

However, I can understand a fee to submit your product, it helps keep the catalog from over flowing with junk (not that well I may add) and other things but taking a cut of every product sale? I think that's just being greedy. You could argue the fee is for hosting your product and giving you a place to make credits but then that's like setting up a business model that relies on people to use your service and then charging them to use it too, which is just milking your profit.

I would also argue that's probably where they make all their credited they are always selling, cause like I said above, they can't just generate credits and sell them to people, that would ruin the market. Who knows though.
Posted 12 years ago · Author
i know LOL , and i do support him but i mean that if all creators started lowering the cost of there items , the derivable items will start to cost cheaper , which will make it possible for all items to cost less than 1000 credit or even 500 credit !!
Posted 12 years ago
Read up on what i wrote.
Posted 12 years ago
XunknownX wrote:
i know LOL , and i do support him but i mean that if all creators started lowering the cost of there items , the derivable items will start to cost cheaper , which will make it possible for all items to cost less than 1000 credit or even 500 credit !!

Most items are less than 1k
You just have to follow the derive chain.