Marriage Pkg??

Becki.Btts
by Becki.Btts · 11 posts
10 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 10 years ago · Author
Is it just me or does this seem like a very bad idea? I was one of the 1st ppl to try it out, at the 12.99 price, and I know for a fact that everyone in my chosen room was husband or wife swapping,including my ex, its true less ppl are getting married because of the 29.99 price tag, but what about those of us who are completely broke, and yet are completely faithful to our spouse, and want to show it off? Not to mention the shared room option, those are way fun. Who wants to burn our bras and start a protest on the lawn of IMVU, I do...especially since IMVU knows they have me, cause none of the other 3-D sites have as good looking avi's. Sorry my ADD coming out again, so who else thinks we need to start a protest about the prices, and the whole marriage pkg in general?
Posted 10 years ago
if you can catch it on sale and need a name token its worth it cause you can make a guest account and its posed to make that person own there name plus you can file a help ticket and grab the extra token but thus is only when its close to $15 on imvus % off sales.
Posted 10 years ago
The Marriage package was made this way purposely. IMVU is very aware of how flimsy the "chance at true love" that they sell in their ads are. They are very aware of how fast people get married and divorce within a weeks time. Someone simply said "Hey, imagine if we charged per marriage how much we could make?"

I wouldn't be surprised if IMVU made a Divorce package that you had to pay for to disable your Marriage package.
Posted 10 years ago
F.A.T.E. wrote:
Someone simply said "Hey, imagine if we charged per marriage how much we could make?"

It's a good business strategy. And to be honest, it either keeps people from rushing into marriage or it milks the people who do. Seems like a win win to me.

F.A.T.E. wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if IMVU made a Divorce package that you had to pay for to disable your Marriage package.

I wouldn't be surprised either.
Posted 10 years ago
D.M wrote:
F.A.T.E. wrote:
Someone simply said "Hey, imagine if we charged per marriage how much we could make?"

It's a good business strategy. And to be honest, it either keeps people from rushing into marriage or it milks the people who do. Seems like a win win to me.

DM has a very valid point. Considering our family supports love as one of our main values, sanctifying love with a fee sounds like a good thing. At the same time, I still feel sorry for those who feel like their love means less because they can not afford a single marriage pack.
Posted 10 years ago
D.M wrote:

Don Von Free Credits wrote:
DM has a very valid point. Considering our family supports love as one of our main values, sanctifying love with a fee sounds like a good thing. At the same time, I still feel sorry for those who feel like their love means less because they can not afford a single marriage pac

It is and he does, sadly enough. It's only sad because it lets IMVU think that they can apply this method to anything new that they introduce, for example their new room share. It is pretty much the Marriage package with a different badge....but if people are willing to pay for it, I can't knock their hustle.
Posted 10 years ago
F.A.T.E. wrote:
It is and he does, sadly enough. It's only sad because it lets IMVU think that they can apply this method to anything new that they introduce, for example their new room share. It is pretty much the Marriage package with a different badge....but if people are willing to pay for it, I can't knock their hustle.

True, but they're gonna do what they want regardless of how much people tell them they don't like it. Unless everyone stop spending money there which we know won't happen.
Posted 10 years ago
With the new 'share room' concept, will IMVU sell in the near future, a prenuptial agreement including "provisions for division of property and spousal support in the event of a divorce?" :)

IRL, I believe in the sanctity of the sacrament of Marriage. In this app/game, I have qualms buying a marriage package from IMVU that regards the package more of a business venture. Ka-ching!

As long as the emotional state of the couple is in a state of devotion, caring, communicating, supporting, loving and honesty to each other, in IMVU; the couple partners/lovers are fine and dandy... They are happily unmarried, and not miserably married, lol.

If a couple do want to yell to the IMVU rooms they are real lovers "for life, till death do them part;" a poor-man's marriage pack may include posing together in each lover's avatar pic hugging or kissing; writing their names, including the date of their union, under "interests" in their avi cards; wearing a pendant/necklace/tattoo with the name or initials of the respective lover; wearing a shirt/hoody showing "I Love Him" or "I love Her;" wearing a choker or bracelet stating "Taken" or "Married;" and finally, wearing an animated sign, saying "U Touch, U Die." ROFL.