4+ year old IMVU names

paroxsitic
by paroxsitic · 5 posts
13 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 13 years ago · Author
Back when IMVU was new, they use to give you credits for new signups. Gmail would allow multiple emails if you used the + trick (Detailed here: http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/08/gmail-plus-smart-trick-to-find-block.html)

I signed up for 200 or so IMVU names. They are all atleast 4 years and 7 months old (8/2006 start date).

I will give away 5 of them to see if its possible to reactivate them. I want to see if IMVU will allow people to say "Hey, I use to play way back when, can you reactivate this account?"

They are retired names. I can access their email preferences via the old link from my email, which means I can change the email addresses tied to the account, but I haven't figured out a way to login with them yet.

More on retired named here:
https://secure.imvu.com/catalog/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=viewtopic.php&t=245666&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

One quote for the forum post says:
My friend Daisy, who logs on regularly had her account 'retired'. I told her so on deviantART and her exact response was:

Quote:
DDD: I really don't know! It won't let me sign in, and when I try to search for my hp, it says I don't exsist!! ;__; Nyaaa~ I'm going to send them an e-mail, asking what the heck's going on...

She ended up getting her her account back after emailing, but she still has no idea why it went 'retired'.

Once you have the name, get get a name token and change the name to something you want, or leave it as is. The names are all random like: jf8df789df7fd7. They make good backup accounts.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Benefits of having an old name:

Avoid the 3 month limit of sending/receiving credits
Earn the right to call almost anyone a noob.
[More here when I think of them]

I have not tested if they are limited to the 5k daily transfer, but I would assume they are limited.

-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:14 am --

Reply if you want one of the names to test. I'll send the username and password to you (Via the forum, IMVU, or email) ...along with the "email pref" link so that you can change the email to it.

PS: if this belongs in a better place, please move me mods.
Posted 13 years ago
Yep, sign me up, too. I thought after six months that you couldn't get them back, but I could be wrong......PM me, plz

ETA: I'd love one of the 2006 accounts......I pay well. :) 8)
Posted 13 years ago
Sign me up too if the old accounts are still avaliable :) Sending you a PM! 8)

-
Posted 13 years ago
Pm me one please.

Also, UH99 is buying accounts, you may look into selling him some if you need some money.