Don't Like IMVU Full Screen? Try this!

Tymon
by Tymon · 5 posts
13 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 13 years ago · Author
I didn't see this tip on here, so I figured I'd post this little trick just in case you're like me and you don't like IMVU's new client booting up in full screen each time you start it up. To do this little trick, download an older version of IMVU BEFORE the actual new UI was forced on us. such as http://static-akm.imvu.com/imvufiles/in ... _420.0.exe (Just make sure you untick use new UI in the 'buddy list window') restart the program, with the new ui disabled, untick all of the options other than sound, and then close IMVU again. From there, reinstall your version of choice, and now IMVU should pop up in a window. I realize some people prefer it popping up full screen, but I most certainly find it annoying to have to unmaximize it every time it opens. Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
Hmmm, I've never had it open maximized before. It always opens in the last state I left it.
Posted 13 years ago
thanx but dont think Imma use it coz I like IMVU maximized
Posted 13 years ago · Author
D.M wrote:
Hmmm, I've never had it open maximized before. It always opens in the last state I left it.

Really? Weird. It's always opened maximized every time I opened it if I didn't do my aforementioned method. It's done it to a few of my friends as well. Maybe you're just lucky. Computers ARE fickle 'creatures' after all.
Posted 13 years ago
I just ran a test to make sure I wasn't misleading anyone and my client doesn't open fullscreen.

Just to make sure we are both talking about the same thing, you're saying when you open yours, it maximizes and stretches to all 4 corners of your monitor, correct?

If yes, then yeah, mine doesn't do that. I also just updated and when the new version opened, it kept my settings and opened in the last dimensions I left it in.