Who likes Silent Hill?

Harper
by Harper · 13 posts
13 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 13 years ago · Author
As can be ascertained from both my avatar and my signature, which I should probably shrink, I am a huge fan of Silent Hill. I own all of the games, to date, and am eagerly awaiting Down Pour. I am very faintly hopeful about the movie, but don't really feel that it will be very good.

I was introduced to Silent hill last summer by a friend who had Silent Hill 2 and the first movie. I have been addicted ever since. The plots, the characters, the creatures, and the music... sure, its a horror game, but even in places of great sadness, still there may be beauty to be found. Once upon a time I would have nothing to do wit the notorious Pyramid Head. Now, well...I think my avatar speaks for itself.

The first one I played was 2. I beat it in 8 hours and 31 minutes. Then I went and played it again.

The next one I played was Homecoming, and I liked it, but got stuck a few times.

Shattered Memories. Hardcore, old school fans will argue that this one and Homecoming were terrible. And I really have no right to disagree, but I liked them both. Shattered memories...it hit a little too close to home for me. I was able to relate to the story in a way most would not.

This topic should be posted to by people who are interested in Silent Hill or have a passing interest.

Random is welcome too, though. Ha ha ha.
Posted 13 years ago
Well really I've played Most of the Games, Nothing.
Watched the film? Was scared shitless. Homecoming was just shit to be honest.
Posted 13 years ago
I enjoyed all the games but I mostly got into the soundtracks. I adore the music. I'm a big fan of horror and gore, so rarely do I get scared. The environments and settings are always so lovely. I havent played anything past Silent Hill 4 though, which was never intended to be a SH game. It was an idea they scrapped and whipped up and plastered SH on it. I'm not joking.

Overall, the series had a good run but seems to be losing steam. Sad, but it happens. I enjoyed it.
Posted 13 years ago
Never played the game, the movies scared me though, so the games should be good. I might pick one up one day and play it, just to see how it is.
Posted 12 years ago · Author
I'm waiting for the new game and the next movie now, I really can't wait to see if they can pull it out of the mud... But I doubt it.
Posted 12 years ago
OMG I freaking LOVE all that is Silent Hill from the games to the movies everything about Silent Hill intrigues me. I love the monsters, the fear factor within the games, the terrifying bosses (Pyramid Head I am looking at you) and the combat which I swear is purposely meant to be jarring and unstable sometimes. The enviroments and storyline of the games is also incredibly unique in video games offering a horror/survival story with many original twists and turns you least expect until they hit you like a bullet. Some of the best jump scares involve the infamous Pyramid Head and he never disappoints...just remember this little verse should you ever run into the eponymous monster: Clunk...clunk...scrape...scrape...Pyramid Head has come to grope!
Posted 12 years ago · Author
Dragonessa007 wrote:
OMG I freaking LOVE all that is Silent Hill from the games to the movies everything about Silent Hill intrigues me. I love the monsters, the fear factor within the games, the terrifying bosses (Pyramid Head I am looking at you) and the combat which I swear is purposely meant to be jarring and unstable sometimes. The enviroments and storyline of the games is also incredibly unique in video games offering a horror/survival story with many original twists and turns you least expect until they hit you like a bullet. Some of the best jump scares involve the infamous Pyramid Head and he never disappoints...just remember this little verse should you ever run into the eponymous monster: Clunk...clunk...scrape...scrape...Pyramid Head has come to grope!

Likes TRON and Silent Hill? We should be friends. Heh.
Posted 12 years ago
The game is alright
Posted 12 years ago
shadowsviel4 wrote:
The game is alright

+1
Posted 12 years ago
played the games liked them a few years ago prefered the movie which i thought was great. just the games were not as scary as i remembered them to be and now iam a massive elder scrolls fan woohoo :mrgreen: