Please help!

TheDarkOne
by TheDarkOne · 2 posts
13 years ago in Help & Support
Posted 13 years ago · Author
Sorry if this is the wrong area for this type of topic. I also don't see where i can post this if there is a place for it. But i'm having a real problem with IMVU ever since they updated it. It wont stop crashing whenever i try to log in, its only a matter of time once i log onto chat that it crashes. It's like it has a timer before it shuts down, and i always notify IMVU, but they never update anything to fix this problem. I log in and sometimes, it crashes right before the chat window comes up. and sometimes, it'll go to the main page, but when i go to chat with someone or do anything else practically, it instantly crashes once i try to click. I've uninstalled and re-installed several times, and its still crashing. I need to know as soon as i can how i can fix this, since IMVU seems to be ignoring these notifications, and maybe if there is still an older usable download of an older version of the imvu client. I am tired of the crashing, and i currently have it uninstalled because its useless with all the crashes. And for some reason, it seems im the only one i know of having this serious of a problem, becuase my gf's imvu never crashes, and her friends imvu crashes periodically, but she's able to get right back on. I also tried finding an older version of IMVU, which i didn't, and i tried downloading the client from anpother source other than IMVU itself. It doesnt work no matter what i do. Please help. Thank you.
Posted 13 years ago
TheDarkOne wrote:
Sorry if this is the wrong area for this type of topic. I also don't see where i can post this if there is a place for it. But i'm having a real problem with IMVU ever since they updated it. It wont stop crashing whenever i try to log in, its only a matter of time once i log onto chat that it crashes. It's like it has a timer before it shuts down, and i always notify IMVU, but they never update anything to fix this problem. I log in and sometimes, it crashes right before the chat window comes up. and sometimes, it'll go to the main page, but when i go to chat with someone or do anything else practically, it instantly crashes once i try to click. I've uninstalled and re-installed several times, and its still crashing. I need to know as soon as i can how i can fix this, since IMVU seems to be ignoring these notifications, and maybe if there is still an older usable download of an older version of the imvu client. I am tired of the crashing, and i currently have it uninstalled because its useless with all the crashes. And for some reason, it seems im the only one i know of having this serious of a problem, becuase my gf's imvu never crashes, and her friends imvu crashes periodically, but she's able to get right back on. I also tried finding an older version of IMVU, which i didn't, and i tried downloading the client from anpother source other than IMVU itself. It doesnt work no matter what i do. Please help. Thank you.

Sounds to me that you either have, a combination of issues or that you svc.host is open more then it should be. Which will take all your memory and force it to crash to find this you can go to CMD (Command Prompt) and then you type in help and hit enter. Then you will scroll down and find the command, for your computer for Window's it is usallly TASKLIST, it will show all your task that are running svc.host should only be running once or twice if there are more, then you found your issue. I've had this happen to me, and I cleared the svc.host's and everything ran smoothly after that. to kill a task you may use TASKKILL then the name of the task, svc.host is part of the Window's OS and you need to be careful, but most common viruses will duplicate this and use the memory to slow you down so that must virus scanner's will not pick it up becuase it busy checking larger amount's of memory. It helpful if you know your window / mac version command is usally VER uh if you have any question's i'll be more then glad to help. Just send a PM or can reach me at my skype "Kira1Death" just say "help" or something in the add invite and i'll accept it knowing what you mean.