anonymous , lulzecs war against paypal

Nikky Maxim
by Nikky Maxim · 13 posts
13 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 13 years ago · Author
Hello guys seeing as no one made a topic about this i will take the pleasure and create it myself :)
So i see everyone is worried about their paypal accounts , and a lot of people are depending on it . so i will share my thought with you .
After reading several articles and the one jon sent me which i think didn't tell much truth cause :
Wise little LulzLizards should withdraw their funds from PayPal before we do

Is just illogical i mean why fight for the people if you're gonna steal their hard earned money .
So i did some research and i found that they won't h4c|< the people accounts they only advice people to boycott the service and close down their accounts.
Hacktivist groups Anonymous and LulzSec have taken a different tack in their fight against PayPal by simply encouraging people to ditch their accounts.

Now this is more like fighting for the people and fighting together .
Also look at this :
Join us in our latest operation against PayPal - tweet pictures of your account closure, tell us on IRC, spread the word. Anonymous has become a powerful channel of information, and unlike the governments of the world, we are here to fight for you

Yes so anyone that is worried about the money on their paypal account i wouldn't worry too much , because in my own personal opinion i don't think they will harm the people they are fighting for.
Please share your opinion :)

-- Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:43 pm --

source :
http://www.crn.com.au/News/265019,anony ... l-war.aspx
http://l33ts.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=22263
Posted 13 years ago
I will close my PayPal when I can find an alternative. I will be closing my Ebay and I've already moved my money from my PayPal account.

From everything I've read, it is a possibility that they will be releasing bank account info tied to PayPal accounts. I am not sure about this though but I don't want to risk being correct.

Better safe than sorry as they say I guess.
Posted 13 years ago
Anonymous and Lulzsec are known for their capabilities in cyber world.I dunno if there's some other organisation that can actually stop them ATM.Lulzsec is a group of 6 and rumors say Lulzsec was a part of Anonynomous.There's no doubt about their capabilities so yeah,better get alternatives for paypal up.

If you wanna send your paypal money to Alterpay,Liberty Reserve etc for safety,think this site will be of some use.

http://www.exeauto.com/exchange-instant.htm
JonXRulz wrote:
Anonymous and Lulzsec are known for their capabilities in cyber world.I dunno if there's some other organisation that can actually stop them ATM.Lulzsec is a group of 6 and rumors say Lulzsec was a part of Anonynomous.There's no doubt about their capabilities so yeah,better get alternatives for paypal up.

If you wanna send your paypal money to Alterpay,Liberty Reserve etc for safety,think this site will be of some use.

I am not able to make accounts on others sites than paypal because of my mom taking away my credit card . Also anonymous is fighting for the people so they shouldn't be targeting the wallets of innocent people . also theres a lot of articles about them just wanting people to boycott paypal which i wont do cause i have nowhere else to go.
Posted 13 years ago
Nikky Maxim wrote:
JonXRulz wrote:

I am not able to make accounts on others sites than paypal because of my mom taking away my credit card . Also anonymous is fighting for the people so they shouldn't be targeting the wallets of innocent people . also theres a lot of articles about them just wanting people to boycott paypal which i wont do cause i have nowhere else to go.

Lulzsec is what concerns me more.
JonXRulz wrote:
Nikky Maxim wrote:
JonXRulz wrote:

Lulzsec is what concerns me more.

I do not know them but they clearly stated that they will ask the people to boycott paypal they wont force them as that would be a attack against innocent people .
looks ill quote their twitter
PayPal is only accepted everywhere because everyone uses PayPal. It's a shitty system - so let's start using these smaller services. :D

Get yourself a slice of MyBitCoin, Liberty Reserve, WebMoney, Neteller, Moneybookers, and start using prepaid credit and gift cards. #Protip

i don't see them threatening of stealing people money or telling them to get ready , they are giving advice to boycott the system .
Posted 13 years ago
Paypal is one of the most secure sites there is. I do not see even luzsec hacking into them. Heck, paypal kicks you out of my own account half of the time because they make you confirm your identity if you are logging in with an ip they do not recognize. I mean sure...they could go right for the databases, but paypal keeps bank records for 180 days...even if you delete them, so closing out your paypal account will do nothing in that aspect.
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
Paypal is one of the most secure sites there is. I do not see even luzsec h4(k1n9 into them. Heck, paypal kicks you out of my own account half of the time because they make you confirm your identity if you are logging in with an ip they do not recognize. I mean sure...they could go right for the databases, but paypal keeps bank records for 180 days...even if you delete them, so closing out your paypal account will do nothing in that aspect.

That's the point , they won't h4c|< into to them . They are advising people to boycott their system and use the less popular merchants. I trust paypal enough to stay so i won't be leaving no matter what the threat is .
Posted 13 years ago
I see several articles popping up on the internet saying that this operation is causing a fall in stocks.

I am looking at the weekly and monthly view for paypal / ebay's stocks: http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=NASDAQ:EBAY

Really, I am not seeing anything abnormal. It looks like a regular up and down day to me. If you zoom in on any day of ebay inc's stock...it will look like a fall. You have to look at the overall week / month. Really, their stock is doing pretty fantastic.

Our own site gets most of its sales through paypal. I would close our account, but it would greatly effect sales / donations as most people want to pay with paypal or through paypal.
Posted 13 years ago
Nah,I was thinking about something like a temperory shed for my money.After the attack,I'll bring it back to paypal simply coz it is the best in the world.Then again all I have is like 4.95$ in my paypal so it's darn affordable.