i have a BIGGG problem x.x

lick
by lick · 12 posts
13 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 13 years ago · Author
Ok,Guys i have a serious problem,and i hope some1 will help me,well my pc is kinda fucked up and i really don't know why,everytime when i wanna play 3D Games for example 3D games from miniclip,my Pc frozes instantly,and i have to reset it,Imvu works fine, but sometimes i have small green points on my avatar, sometimes it just frozes if i only have my i-tunes opened XP. Can some1 tell me what's the problem? it's the motherboard? ;_; i really need help,thank you
Posted 13 years ago
Can't tell you exactly what is wrong from your description, you would have to run some diagnostics.
Posted 13 years ago
Yea as D.M said it is hard to tell whats wrtong from your description. First run diagnostic. If needed restore your computer. If it still happens you might need to go to the store to check the hardware.
Posted 13 years ago
Run a scan using Malwarebytes then from ESET NOD 32 just in case.
Posted 13 years ago
Just do not update your graphics drivers without making a system restore point.
I screwed up by trying to help someone with this same problem just today. >.<

Code
[10:58:05 AM] Effect: hey Don :D
[10:58:44 AM] Effect: sorry if i bother you,but could u help me with something?
[11:09:08 AM] Don Fetiche: Good evening.
[11:09:44 AM] Effect: Good Evening :D
[11:09:47 AM] Effect: well afternoon here
[11:10:24 AM] Effect: i have a problem with my pc,and i thought you could have any idea..of helping me
[11:10:59 AM] Don Fetiche: I am listening.
[11:11:09 AM] Effect: ok well whenever i try to play 3D games
[11:11:21 AM] Effect: my pc it just frozes
[11:11:26 AM] Effect: and i have to restart it.
[11:11:32 AM] Effect: imvu is working ok,
[11:11:35 AM] Effect: but sometimes
[11:11:37 AM] Effect: appears
[11:11:42 AM] Effect: few green points..
[11:11:43 AM] Effect: :S
[11:11:49 AM] Effect: wich is annoying
[11:11:59 AM] Effect: and really don't know what could be the problem?
[11:12:09 AM] Effect: x.x
[11:15:09 AM] Don Fetiche: Update the drivers for your graphics chip / card.
[11:16:03 AM] Effect: Ok Don,i will try
[11:16:06 AM] Effect: :D thank you
[11:30:24 AM] Effect: hey don
[11:30:37 AM] Effect: i updated
[11:30:45 AM] Effect: the graphic cards with the latest
[11:30:53 AM] Effect: and it;s very crappy now
[11:30:55 AM] Effect: :| what can i do?
[11:31:20 AM] Effect: the graphics are horrible now X.X
[11:32:43 AM] Don Fetiche: On everything or just games?
[11:32:46 AM] Effect: noo
[11:32:54 AM] Effect: on everything
[11:32:55 AM] Don Fetiche: Sounds like you got a bad update.
[11:32:58 AM] Effect: no
[11:33:06 AM] Effect: i mean i think yes
[11:33:06 AM] Effect: but
[11:33:09 AM] Don Fetiche: Have you tried restarting your computer?
[11:33:18 AM] Effect: it's not working..
[11:33:22 AM] Effect: i have 8500 GT
[11:33:25 AM] Effect: GeForce
[11:33:35 AM] Effect: and i installed that update..
[11:34:21 AM] Effect: damn.. x.x it's so ugly..
[11:36:24 AM] Don Fetiche: What update?
[11:36:33 AM] Don Fetiche: Where did you get the update from?
[11:37:12 AM] Effect: nvidia.com
[11:37:57 AM] Effect: damn i cannot even see the browser pages cause it says  the
[11:38:06 AM] Effect: adobe flash player crashed
[11:38:23 AM] Effect: i will try to restart this shit ..again
[11:39:08 AM] Don Fetiche: Did you get the driver update for the right bit version of windows?
[11:41:21 AM] Effect: back
[11:41:30 AM] Effect: where do i see what bit i have?
[11:42:08 AM] Effect: so i have "Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT"
[11:42:30 AM] Don Fetiche: Right click on mycomputer.
[11:42:45 AM] Don Fetiche: You either have 32 bit or 64 bit.
[11:43:00 AM] Don Fetiche: I think you got the wrong bit version of the driver.
[11:43:06 AM] Effect: it does not appear
[11:43:16 AM] Effect: i have to check at the System
[11:43:18 AM] Effect: right?
[11:43:58 AM] Effect: Windows XP
[11:44:03 AM] Effect: Professional
[11:44:05 AM] Effect: Service Pack 3
[11:44:17 AM] Effect: ..but dosen't says anything about 32 bit or 64..
[11:44:30 AM] Effect: maybe cause i have xp?
[11:45:18 AM] Effect: okk i checked on the "Run" at "dxdiag" i have 32 bit
[11:45:33 AM] Effect: (60 HZ)
[11:46:03 AM] Don Fetiche: kk
[11:47:45 AM] Effect: damn it,i cannot even access a web page
[11:50:26 AM | Edited 11:50:40 AM] Don Fetiche: ~shrugs~ Their webpage does not work in IE. I tried their webpage myself.
[11:50:47 AM] Effect: shit X__X
[11:57:43 AM] Effect: is there another way?
[11:57:47 AM] Effect: like backing up or something?
[12:01:06 PM] Don Fetiche: System restore.
Posted 13 years ago
Updating your graphics drivers is one of the easiest things to do on a computer, there is no need to create a restore point. He went to the right website for drivers, he just needs to uninstall his drivers and either see if Windows can find some for him or grab the most current ones from Nvidia's website.

I find it easier just to TeamViewer with them and do the work for them. Trying to teach/help someone with a computer over the internet is more of a pain in the ass if the person doesn't already have knowledge. Especially when the work requires disconnection of communication between you and the person you are helping because of things like disrupted internet or reboots.
Posted 13 years ago
D.M wrote:
Updating your graphics drivers is one of the easiest things to do on a computer, there is no need to create a restore point. He went to the right website for drivers, he just needs to uninstall his drivers and either see if Windows can find some for him or grab the most current ones from Nvidia's website.

I use drivermax to update my drivers, else I get a bunch of bad drivers that fuck up my computer.
Posted 13 years ago
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
D.M wrote:

I use drivermax to update my drivers, else I get a bunch of bad drivers that fuck up my computer.

Yeah you can use programs like that but I'd rather do it manually myself. Usually, all you have to do is download the driver exe file and install it. I don't even have to reboot for my drivers to work, or uninstall the old ones. One reason I like ATI and the Catalyst Control Center. You just gotta take the time to learn the process of everything. Do it a few times and it becomes natural. I had the benefit of someone to teach me and get hands on experience when I was learning though. But Google is a great tool as well.
Posted 13 years ago
D.M wrote:
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
D.M wrote:

Yeah you can use programs like that but I'd rather do it manually myself. Usually, all you have to do is download the driver exe file and install it. I don't even have to reboot for my drivers to work, or uninstall the old ones. One reason I like ATI and the Catalyst Control Center. You just gotta take the time to learn the process of everything. Do it a few times and it becomes natural. I had the benefit of someone to teach me and get hands on experience when I was learning though. But Google is a great tool as well.

I have had too many drivers screw me over in the past, so I like drivermax because it will give you a few minutes to test out the driver and if you do not tell it that everything is ok with the new driver...then it will restore your computer to the point right before the bew driver was installed.

Not to forget that it takes care of all the hardwear scanning and searching for new drivers for you.