Horizontally Scrolling Visitors

Don Von Alpha Dom
by Don Von Alpha Dom · 2 posts
12 years ago in Visitors Panel
Posted 12 years ago · Author
This makes the avipics in your visitors panel scrolling from right to left. Place this code in a panel *after* the visitors panel! This code might not work on HP's that do not own VIP due to changes in the code to limit the number of visitors seen.

Code
<script type="text/javascript">
  function avPicScroller_by_imvucodes(inPanel) {
    var obj    = document.getElementById(inPanel+'_panel_body').getElementsByTagName('div');
    var result = '';
    for (var i = 0; i < obj.length; i++) {
      if (obj[i].className == 'avPic') {
        result += '<div class="avPic" style="float:left;padding:5px;font-size:12px;">' + obj[i].innerHTML + '</div>';
      }
    }
    document.getElementById(inPanel + '_panel_colRow').style.display  = 'none';
    document.getElementById(inPanel + '_panel_body').innerHTML       += '<marquee id="marquee' + inPanel + '"><nobr>' + result + '</nobr></marquee>';
    document.getElementById('marquee' + inPanel).start();
  }
  avPicScroller_by_imvucodes('visitors');
</script>
Posted 4 years ago
Horizontal scrolling is the ability of a program to allow a user to scroll horizontally using the window scroll bar. The horizontal scroll bar is not used often and usually not visible or not accessible because it is not needed. Below is an image of a Microsoft Windows window with a vertical and horizontal scroll bar.

In the above example, the horizontal scroll bar is visible, but is not accessible because word wrap is enabled and prevents any text from being entered beyond the visible window. If word wrap was not enabled and text was long enough to exceed one line the horizontal scroll bar would allow you to scroll left to right.