Wanna go to the army

Nikky Maxim
by Nikky Maxim · 26 posts
12 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 12 years ago
Do it join i am going in USA though lol it what i dream off but idk about the indian hmmm come to the usa and join here :-) catch u on the flip side lol
Posted 12 years ago
Иø✖ wrote:
Well... as far as the rape thing.. it is more common in military service than you realize. They keep it hush hush so it doesn't make the news but women are raped by other division/platoon members all the time. There has even been cases where they have put pressure on the victim so that they feel guilt and take it on as their fault. Eventually this leads to the service having a reason to discharge you and it's not always honorable...

There are upsides and downsides to it. Whatever you do, don't do it for these reasons: Your family members are in it or want you to. You suddenly felt it was a good idea. You've had major negative change in your life and you think this will help. You are trying to get in shape. You 'only want to travel and see the world.'

All of those reasons will leave you unhappy when you do get in and make training that much harder and stressful.

Edit: Also dont go for "school". 4 year contract goes like this: Bootcamp - A school - C school - deployed = only about a year left. Nowhere in that timeline do you have time for school of your choosing.

Rape to anyone or sex is dishonorable discharge and prison in a military jail... Sorry my family are big into the US army...

And your 'school' thing is also wrong your schooling is if 6 months w/ the military rest of the time they want you too do online college even if over seas
Posted 12 years ago
Ťṓƴᶎ wrote:
Иø✖ wrote:
Well... as far as the rape thing.. it is more common in military service than you realize. They keep it hush hush so it doesn't make the news but women are raped by other division/platoon members all the time. There has even been cases where they have put pressure on the victim so that they feel guilt and take it on as their fault. Eventually this leads to the service having a reason to discharge you and it's not always honorable...

There are upsides and downsides to it. Whatever you do, don't do it for these reasons: Your family members are in it or want you to. You suddenly felt it was a good idea. You've had major negative change in your life and you think this will help. You are trying to get in shape. You 'only want to travel and see the world.'

All of those reasons will leave you unhappy when you do get in and make training that much harder and stressful.

Edit: Also dont go for "school". 4 year contract goes like this: Bootcamp - A school - C school - deployed = only about a year left. Nowhere in that timeline do you have time for school of your choosing.

Rape to anyone or sex is dishonorable discharge and prison in a military jail... Sorry my family are big into the US army...

And your 'school' thing is also wrong your schooling is if 6 months w/ the military rest of the time they want you too do online college even if over seas

I meant the victim is dishonorably discharged in some cases.

And take it from me about the school. 8 weeks or so of boot where you are not allowed to (and dont have time for) online school. After boot camp there is "A" school (or whatever each branch calls is where you learn your job) during your time there you are not allowed and do not have time to do online school. If you score good enough they will send you to a secondary school or "C" school where you are also not allowed to take any other online classes. At this point you get your first duty station (and here is the kicker) each duty station has at least a 6 month wait for all new people. THEN it has to be signed off on. So YAY! At this point you can take ONE online class because that is all your have time for. A few months into that class? Guess what? You are being deployed! So drop out of that class and take some of the remote classes offered over seas which are general ed.

Like I said previously. At this point you have ONE year left in your contract to take online classes and that's if you dont get deployed a few months before your contract is up.

Trust me. I speak da troof! ;) My first division commander was a chief and quietly informed everyone on this a few days before graduation. I was also told never to tell anyone he told us this or he would be in deep shit. Now, do your contract and get out? Use that GI Bill. That is what its for.
Posted 12 years ago
Иø✖ wrote:
Ťṓƴᶎ wrote:
Иø✖ wrote:

And take it from me about the school. 8 weeks or so of boot where you are not allowed to (and dont have time for) online school. After boot camp there is "A" school (or whatever each branch calls is where you learn your job) during your time there you are not allowed and do not have time to do online school. If you score good enough they will send you to a secondary school or "C" school where you are also not allowed to take any other online classes. At this point you get your first duty station (and here is the kicker) each duty station has at least a 6 month wait for all new people. THEN it has to be signed off on. So YAY! At this point you can take ONE online class because that is all your have time for. A few months into that class? Guess what? You are being deployed! So drop out of that class and take some of the remote classes offered over seas which are general ed.

Like I said previously. At this point you have ONE year left in your contract to take online classes and that's if you dont get deployed a few months before your contract is up.

Trust me. I speak da troof! ;) My first division commander was a chief and quietly informed everyone on this a few days before graduation. I was also told never to tell anyone he told us this or he would be in deep shit. Now, do your contract and get out? Use that GI Bill. That is what its for.

Say you I am going in my grand father is a Lt Courle His kids are in and etc... They all have plently of time to do there school work its a 9 to 5 job unless over seas It's in your contract :)
Posted 12 years ago
Ťṓƴᶎ wrote:
Иø✖ wrote:
Ťṓƴᶎ wrote:

Say you I am going in my grand father is a Lt Courle His kids are in and etc... They all have plently of time to do there school work its a 9 to 5 job unless over seas It's in your contract :)

It highly depends on your job if you have time during the day. Not only do you have your job but you also have watch. They LOVE to schedule new people to do the watch all the time. My other division mates work 12+ hours each day Mon-Fri and then have watch Fri night & Sat night because the OOTD wants to go have a beer. That leaves you with Sunday basically to cram everything if it's possible.

Now in the "old" days there might have been time but then again, there wasn't a lot of pressure about school and it wasn't needed as much. If you could sign your name and hold a gun you were squared away.

And I'd recommend reading the contract again. It is carefully worded with plenty of loopholes for THEM to use against you. I had mine read over by a friend of mine who has a law office in my city. The only thing that contract guarantees is that your family will be paid out if you die.