IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 11 years ago
Noticed quite a lot of Memory crashing in v10, Just wondering if that's fixed in v11?

Nice job keeping this updated.
Posted 11 years ago · Author
Pimmalage wrote:
Noticed quite a lot of Memory crashing in v10, Just wondering if that's fixed in v11?

I don't know, you will have to find out. I didn't experience any crashing or get any reports of it from anyone else.
Posted 11 years ago
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
Pimmalage wrote:

I don't know, you will have to find out. I didn't experience any crashing or get any reports of it from anyone else.

Seems to be still occurring in v11, Not sure what it could be, i very rarely got them on the default client.
If there any crash-logs created i would be able to send?

I'm sure my computer is more than needed to run it, with 3GB Ram (4GB but i'm on 32-bit)
Send this file to me:

Vista/7:
Code
C:\Users\{YOUR USER NAME}\Appdata\Roaming\IMVU\CPP.log

XP:
Code
C:\Documents and Settings\{YOUR USER NAME}\Application Data\Roaming\IMVU\cpp.log

It would also help to know what you're doing when it crashes. Does it crash randomly or specifically when you load or do something?
Posted 11 years ago
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
Send this file to me:

Vista/7:
Code
C:\Users\{YOUR USER NAME}\Appdata\Roaming\IMVU\CPP.log

XP:
Code
C:\Documents and Settings\{YOUR USER NAME}\Application Data\Roaming\IMVU\cpp.log

It would also help to know what you're doing when it crashes. Does it crash randomly or specifically when you load or do something?

I'm doing nothing specifically, just seems to be random, also about the cpp.log, there's quite a large amount of log in there, would it be easier to delete it and get a fresh crash log? (The whole file is 674kb)
If not i'll just upload it to pastebin.
It's always gonna be large. It logs everything from the moment you open Imvu, till it closes. Starting fresh won't really help much.
Posted 11 years ago
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
It's always gonna be large. It logs everything from the moment you open Imvu, till it closes. Starting fresh won't really help much.

Sorry pastebin has a 500kb limit, uploaded it to mediafire instead.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8b80eds81i558ie

Not sure if this will help at all, looks like jargon to me :lol:
Pimmalage wrote:
Ð▪ℳ wrote:

Nothing in your log sticks out at me. I didn't notice any of the usual crash errors that I am used to when editing the client. Also, nothing stuck out with any of the files I edited so it may be something with your machine or IMVU's client itself.

If you'd like further assistance, you can add me on Skype and we can TV and see if I can reproduce your crashes.
Posted 11 years ago
Ð▪ℳ wrote:
Pimmalage wrote:
Ð▪ℳ wrote:

Nothing in your log sticks out at me. I didn't notice any of the usual crash errors that I am used to when editing the client. Also, nothing stuck out with any of the files I edited so it may be something with your machine or IMVU's client itself.

If you'd like further assistance, you can add me on Skype and we can TV and see if I can reproduce your crashes.

Alright well i'll see if i notice anything specific about the crashes, Doing a lot of beta testing i know the dev likes to find and fix problems, So i'll try my best to find out what it is.
Thanks for the help anywho.

-- Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:01 pm --

Alright tried a number of things, carrying on using the client, got a few memory crashes but i just put that down to me opening other programs, now i encounter an error, Just randomly in a room, nothing happening.
Happened twice.

This is the error: http://pastebin.com/y1uw1xyA