PEOPLE USING IMVUMAFIAS TO SCAM.

F.A.T.E.
by F.A.T.E. · 10 posts
11 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 11 years ago · Author
Sooo, I was on imvu today, minding my business when I was invited to a chat. Seeing as I am a graphic designer, I accepted the invite and was immediately greeted with the following message:

Guest_XnewagedevilX has joined the chat
Guest_XnewagedevilX: THE NEWEST FREE CREDITS LIMITED DEAL BY IMVU MAFIAS;FOR VIPS - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13gDbmD ... s/viewform

which looks like:

Now I may neglect my mafia like I hate it, but I know my mafia, and I know this sloppy bit of work wasn't done by my mafia. To which I replied:

Me: Hm
Me: This is so lazy

to which they replied

Guest_XnewagedevilX: ?
Guest_XnewagedevilX: if you have complaints please check our website imvumafias.org

So hiiii guys! I'm here to complain. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the first person this was done to and I'm also sure this isn't the only account doing it. There are a group of people scamming and trying to throw any heat they get our way.
Posted 11 years ago
Damn it.
Please tell me that you flagged the chat?
I have reported the google doc.

The account does not look like a dummy account, so we did a bit of research on the owner.
Looks like he is a noob web designer from India who moved to the US for college.

His profile only has 11 views, so I am guessing that either this attack has just begun or it was targeted specifically towards you.
Posted 11 years ago · Author
I did not report the chat >.< I completely forgot and closed out, but if he wants to scam me so bad he'll be easy to reinvite and lure into trying to scam me again.

I would not be surprised if it were a direct attack towards me, it was why I was hesitant to put my avi name in the thread with the actual names, but I think I probably did anyway -.-

Either way this account will be disabled soon, this was just a heads up that more are maybe to come.

lol they're trying to do the "I sandboxe alone to prove this isnt a scam" thing. Nice. Now all of the dummies and mains can be disabled ^.^

roxannlajolie: kay xx
roxannlajolie has left the chat
Guest_XnewagedevilX: want me to invite someone else?
SelinaCruz: yes
SelinaCruz: and how long
SelinaCruz: until it works?
Guest_XnewagedevilX: an hour or less
FAR7 has joined the chat

Have fun.
Posted 11 years ago
We made an announcement about something similar to this back in October: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8717

Do not worry about forgetting to flag the chat; we will take care of the scammer. Smile, nod, and report.
If he hits you with other accounts, let us know.
Posted 11 years ago
I came here for my 200k credits .
I dissapoint.
Posted 11 years ago
Yes, please flag the chat next time and let us know if you get any more information such as alt accounts or anything.

I have a feeling that this scam is either a guy trying to use our reputation to make his scam more successful or he is trying to tarnish our reputation buy using such an obvious scam that even the average Joe can tell and will spread the word about us scamming. Either way, he needs to be dealt with.
Last edited by DataMine on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected typo