Is it a rumor flagging can only be done with VIP status?

Xhynrae
by Xhynrae · 5 posts
11 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 11 years ago · Author
Is this true? I cant figure out the straight story. Recently found out a bunch of people got permanently banned over the use of the word "bitch" by someone with VIP status and they were unable to report the individual in response. The only conclusion they came up with is that person had VIP and they did not. Ironically i just dont think people dont know how to report or flag properly.
Posted 11 years ago
The rumor has been partially true for years.

I have noticed in my years of flagging / getting flagged that:
1) Accounts that pay for additional features on IMVU are harder to report (imvu staff are more lenient with them and give them more chances)
2) Flags / reports made by guest accounts are almost always ignored; ALMOST always
3) Flags / reports made by VIP accounts are processed much faster than flags / reports made by accounts that simply have their name bought

For this reason, I always keep a few dozen grandfathered dev accounts laying off to the side ... not for deving, but just so we can flag / report bullies who mess with our family. Else our members who use guest accounts are helpless.
Posted 11 years ago
Imvu dont chech they just auto flag

xhynrae wrote:
Is this true? I cant figure out the straight story. Recently found out a bunch of people got permanently banned over the use of the word "bitch" by someone with VIP status and they were unable to report the individual in response. The only conclusion they came up with is that person had VIP and they did not. Ironically i just dont think people dont know how to report or flag properly.

Don Von Free Credits wrote:
The rumor has been partially true for years.

I have noticed in my years of flagging / getting flagged that:
1) Accounts that pay for additional features on IMVU are harder to report (imvu staff are more lenient with them and give them more chances)
2) Flags / reports made by guest accounts are almost always ignored; ALMOST always
3) Flags / reports made by VIP accounts are processed much faster than flags / reports made by accounts that simply have their name bought

For this reason, I always keep a few dozen grandfathered dev accounts laying off to the side ... not for deving, but just so we can flag / report bullies who mess with our family. Else our members who use guest accounts are helpless.
Posted 11 years ago

Which is funny, I've known people who've paid for vip, ap and their names. Yet they get banned on the first offense. Hell, one of my first accounts got banned and it had ap and it's name and I only broke the TOS once.
Posted 11 years ago
«Ð▪ℳ» wrote:

Which is funny, I've known people who've paid for vip, ap and their names. Yet they get banned on the first offense. Hell, one of my first accounts got banned and it had ap and it's name and I only broke the TOS once.

It dependents on which part of TOS you break. Certain parts do not give you chances.