Improved Private Chat Experience

xREXx
by xREXx · 21 posts
11 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 11 years ago
D.M wrote:
Well that's a small step forward I'd say. I'd still like to have an in depth explanation of how this current update is more efficient. I can't imagine how it could be. As most have said, opening a new tab means more cache created and more memory usage. I'll have to find their dev blog again and see if they've posted anything a bit more technical.

It is not more efficient. Who claimed it was?
Posted 11 years ago
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
D.M wrote:
Well that's a small step forward I'd say. I'd still like to have an in depth explanation of how this current update is more efficient. I can't imagine how it could be. As most have said, opening a new tab means more cache created and more memory usage. I'll have to find their dev blog again and see if they've posted anything a bit more technical.

It is not more efficient. Who claimed it was?

Varsha and some of the posters did
The goal of the project is not only to improve customer experience but also to improve and streamline the performance and old code behind the private chat feature.

This is wrong, precisely the new code was made so the private chats run more smooth and faster, you'll be able to open more tabs without crashing than before
Posted 11 years ago
We could try. I still need to find their dev blog and see if I can find anything about it on there.
Posted 11 years ago
They have not posted anything in the engineering blog since April: http://engineering.imvu.com/

-- 03 Aug 2013 10:48 am --

I have users using 490.0 who are complaining that if they load a room, place furniture in the room, and then switch rooms ...... the furniture they place in the new room has the same poses as the previous room. Poses are duplicating / overwriting between rooms. ](*,)
Posted 11 years ago · Author
has anyone done any test? varsha also posted this earlier as it was more but this is probably the key feature we mostly care about.

We have noted all the comments and feedback about the experience of opening multiple tabs when changing scenes and are working on a potential solution for the near future. We will provide an update when one is available.

This private chat change does provide us with a better way to handle the chat function from a back end perspective and allows us to improve the 3D Chat features and experience.

We expect to make the private chat improvements be part of our next client release - 491.0 so all of our customers can experience the change. A message will be sent to all users with details when the next version of the 3D chat is available.

-- Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:03 pm --

ive been using the latest update and so far i dont see much of a problem other then opening a new tab if i change rooms but thats not such a big deal and if this allows imvu to make improvement and new features for pc then im all for it.
Posted 11 years ago
Ive been using the latest update and so far i dont see much of a problem other then opening a new tab if i change rooms but thats not such a big deal and if this allows imvu to make improvement and new features for pc then im all for it.

I have noticed 1 problem, or more like a long preexisting problem that I can no longer fix. It use to be, when rooms in a private chat failed to load, you could just change the scene and load a new room, but now that just opens a new tab.
Posted 11 years ago · Author
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
Ive been using the latest update and so far i dont see much of a problem other then opening a new tab if i change rooms but thats not such a big deal and if this allows imvu to make improvement and new features for pc then im all for it.

I have noticed 1 problem, or more like a long preexisting problem that I can no longer fix. It use to be, when rooms in a private chat failed to load, you could just change the scene and load a new room, but now that just opens a new tab.

they corrected that in .18 - Stay in the same tab when changing scenes.

so to me they are working on it to improve it just we have to give them time.
Posted 11 years ago
Well although I disagree with some of these changes, I think it is nice to see them doing something other than adding in or making something current for vips. Or making policy changes that just make it harder to do something.