Introducing myself

Cele
by Cele · 5 posts
11 years ago in Introductions
Posted 11 years ago · Author
Hello, I'm new to the site. I saw we're not suppose to put our avatar names on here so I wont do that. I have 2 atm cause imvu has crazily banned my main acct. I've been calling and submitting tickets and they either repeat themselves or coming up with new reasons as to why they banned me. I'm up to about 4 or 5 new reasons now. Im into deving and editing photos, but cant create til i get my acct back. And love to help people out if they need it so just let me know. :P
Posted 11 years ago
Hello and welcome Cele. Sorry to hear of your main account and unfortunately i can relate to the merry-go-round of changing reasons an account gets banned. No fun :( especially when youve put time and effort into it. I do hope you can get your account back...Meanwhile enjoy your stay here and perhaps gather or share some creativity as you wait.
Posted 11 years ago
Welcome to the forums, Cele. I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Luckily and sadly, you are not alone. This is a very common thing these days with IMVU. The best way to describe it is to compare them to a dictatorship. They punish without question without regard for the user. This would work if everyone they banned was obviously doing harm like sending out spam and submitting lots of UFI items (although I don't believe ufi items are bad but that's a different topic), hacking etc..

But these days you can get banned for filling out an offer or because of a bug in their own system or some other bullshit reason. A strict zero tolerance policy does not work in the real world and causes more harm then good. They are destroying their own community sadly. They need to set up a system for monitoring your accounts standing with them and actually taking time to look into things and contact users before just simply banning them with some obscure reason (if they even give you a reason).

But then again, this would require that they put in time and effort and we all know they don't like having to do that. Unless of course they think it's gonna make them a ton of cash. Which I think it would in the long run. If they improve their community to where their users actually like them, have a good product and actually put value back into accounts, they would get people to start spending money and time there.

As it stands right now, you can loose your account at any time for any reason, so they have no value. Who's going to put down anywhere from $20 to hundreds of dollars buying ap, their name and lots of credits to spend in the shop when at any moment they can be banned and all that money becomes wasted? Who's going to put in the time and effort to make good products when less and less people are spending credits, resellers aren't buying them and it costs more to be developer than most might make back from it?

I'm an advocate for improving the community, that's why I chose to start doing legit business and helping others but in the long wrong it seems pointless. Thieves are actually becoming less and less of a problem for the community than IMVU themselves. And IMVU is not something I can fix, only their staff can do that.
Posted 11 years ago
Cele wrote:
Hello, I'm new to the site. I saw we're not suppose to put our avatar names on here so I wont do that. I have 2 atm cause imvu has crazily banned my main acct. I've been calling and submitting tickets and they either repeat themselves or coming up with new reasons as to why they banned me. I'm up to about 4 or 5 new reasons now. Im into deving and editing photos, but cant create til i get my acct back. And love to help people out if they need it so just let me know. :P

I know where you are coming from. Years ago, they gave my wife new reason after new reason for banning her ... till they finally settled on "You broke out terms of buying". However, they were never able to send us a link or copy of these "terms of buying". On top of that, when we asked for the purchase that broke the rule, they told us that the purchase was on an account that she does not own. The purchase was on an account belonging to a 15 year old girl who paid my wife to make some custom products. We offered to pay for whatever purchase broke the terms, but they kept saying the ban was final .... and that my wife could not get her account back under any circumstances because she would be a "security risk to the IMVU community". What kind of bullshit is that?
Posted 11 years ago
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
I know where you are coming from. Years ago, they gave my wife new reason after new reason for banning her ... till they finally settled on "You broke out terms of buying". However, they were never able to send us a link or copy of these "terms of buying". On top of that, when we asked for the purchase that broke the rule, they told us that the purchase was on an account that she does not own. The purchase was on an account belonging to a 15 year old girl who paid my wife to make some custom products. We offered to pay for whatever purchase broke the terms, but they kept saying the ban was final .... and that my wife could not get her account back under any circumstances because she would be a "security risk to the IMVU community". What kind of bullshit is that?

About as bullshit as it gets. But that just proves my point. They themselves are the bigger problem, not everything else they try to pass the blame on.