Howdy

Gr8bugaly
by Gr8bugaly · 4 posts
10 years ago in Introductions
Posted 10 years ago · Author
H! every1,

I started playing IMVU almost a month ago. I like meeting new people, including players from different countries. I'm a lone wolf hopping from one chat room to another. Those yellow spots on the floor or furnitures seem tricky; it could be sometimes embarassing, finding myself doing air sex (a la air guitar). I like watching people, especially silly people, while eavesdropping conversations that make me laugh most of the time, including stories of girls getting pregnant in game. I haven't heard of anybody getting STDs in game. I was wondering if the AP shop sells contraceptives (like condom/diaphragm) in game.

Initially, I couldn't grasp the idea of people getting emotionally hurt in this virtual game, until I witnessed some drama in the chat rooms. I noticed that most players tend to live vicariously through their avatars, identifying with their characters, as if it's part of reality. "What is this stuff called virtual reality, I'm already having trouble with the real one." :)

I came across a fella in a GA chat room, holding a burning cigarette emitting smoke, on his right hand. I politely asked him where he got it, and he told me he got it from the BM. He also told me that the product creator was banned. I had no idea what he meant by that. I googled "IMVU Black Market" showing 3-4 sites... I guess I've seen the rest, I've come to the best. Now, here I am in this awesome forum!
Posted 10 years ago
Welcome to the family Gr8!

Gr8bugaly wrote:
I haven't heard of anybody getting STDs in game. I was wondering if the AP shop sells contraceptives (like condom/diaphragm) in game.

Interesting enough, I had someone request me to make a custom penis with a condom on it about a year ago. The customer seemed pretty happy with the outcome.

Initially, I couldn't grasp the idea of people getting emotionally hurt in this virtual game, until I witnessed some drama in the chat rooms. I noticed that most players tend to live vicariously through their avatars, identifying with their characters, as if it's part of reality. "What is this stuff called virtual reality, I'm already having trouble with the real one." :)

I think it all depends on how you decide to use IMVU. Some people use the people search features to find local players in their area, for online dating.

I came across a fella in a GA chat room, holding a burning cigarette emitting smoke, on his right hand. I politely asked him where he got it, and he told me he got it from the BM. He also told me that the product creator was banned.

We use to keep digital drugs on our black market. Drugs are so demonized though, our staff did not feel comfortable keeping them up. The drugs were not selling well and they seemed to hurt our site image, so we took them down, but we still sell digital drugs upon request.

I had no idea what he meant by that. I googled "IMVU Black Market" showing 3-4 sites... I guess I've seen the rest, I've come to the best. Now, here I am in this awesome forum!

Yes, I have no problem with admitting that we are the best. The IMVU Mafias really shine and we are proud to hear others agree. Those other sites you see are mostly selling older non-PRB (REG) versions of our products at higher prices than the products were originally bought for. Buying from us is like buying from the wear-house; you get the newest, safest technology at the cheapest price. To top it off, if anything goes wrong, we can fix it because we know how it all works.
Posted 10 years ago · Author
@Don Von: Thanks much for the welcome.

It's nice to hear that one of your customers is happy with the condom-ized penis. Currently, I think my GFs prefer my penis bareback. Anyways, I'm allergic to latex. In the event a virtual STD epidemic occurs in game, I would gladly contact and beg you to make me a condom... :)

True, some players engage in online dating, as long as they personally know the avatar's owners living in their local areas; otherwise, it will be a long distance relationship. Unfortunately, there are lots of "pretenders" in game, playing the game having fun deceiving other players.

I stopped looking for the BM "burning cigarette" which I planned to use in GA rooms, after realizing the risk of getting suspended/banned, once flagged/reported by a fellow player... not worth it. It seemed cool holding a cigarette; perhaps, after being conditioned watching cigarette commercials equipped with subliminal messages, lol. It is not cool influencing people in the GA rooms to smoke, not to mention the complications of smoking. IRL, I don't even smoke, and I dislike kissing women who smoke. Eww!

I am very glad to join this forum. I am a happy customer buying products in this site. It is also reassuring to know that there are "technicians" here who could troubleshoot stuff.

@D.M.: Thanks much for the welcome.