Programs to speed up IMVU

Don Von Alpha Dom
by Don Von Alpha Dom · 111 posts
14 years ago in Help & Support
Posted 11 years ago
iwenk wrote:
want to get imvu credits with ease and get the RN and cretor for free, but how where her ways?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I can't understand what you're asking.
Posted 11 years ago
game booster weirdly boosts imvu
Posted 11 years ago
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
I find that going into IMVU's settings and setting the graphics to "standard" speeds up IMVU.

Yeah, it's like turning the graphics down in a video game to make it run faster. If you have a decent gpu, setting it to OpenGL makes it run a lot better than Direct3D.
Posted 11 years ago
this really helped me and now i am not face lot of crash. Ty for this Don
Posted 11 years ago
Don Von Free Credits wrote:
Here is a list of programs you should be using if you do not want IMVU to slow down your computer and crash as much:

Ram Optimizer:
http://en.softonic.com/s/ram-optimizer/free
This program fixes memory leaks and weak programming in IMVU, which is the reason it takes up so much ram and makes your computer run slow after running it for a few hours. You can find several free ram optimizers at the link above.

Wow....nice solution uncle :)
I will install it......
:)
Cache Cleaner:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
This has about the same idea as the IMVU cache cleaner below, but it frees up storage in areas you might not have known IMVU affected.

IMVU Cache Cleaner:
http://imvu-products.biz/?cat=software& ... cheCleaner
This program reduces the amount of space IMVU takes up on your computer. If you do not run this program on your computer at least once every week, then after a month of using IMVU..., IMVU shall take up a huge chunk of your storage...which slows you down till it is screaming at you.

IMVU Lite: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8013
This is a light version of the IMVU client which runs much faster.

wow....nice your solution I will install it :)
woohoo
tytytytyy
Posted 11 years ago
This post is awesome, I'll definitely be trying this. :) Thanks.
Posted 10 years ago
Thanks much for the recs, Don Von.

I was thinking of installing a RAM-optimizer, but couldn't decide which one is better for Windows 7. One site mentioned that Windows 7 is good enough optimizing RAM where there is no need for "third party" optimizers. I also installed the IMVU Cache Cleaner. I defragmented my drive.

For some reason, when I go to a chat room; loading the room stalls at 99% for 2-3 minutes, before opening the room. I'm not sure if it is due to the version update. I'm wondering if anybody has the same problem. Thanks.
Posted 10 years ago
Gr8bugaly wrote:
Thanks much for the recs, Don Von.

I was thinking of installing a RAM-optimizer, but couldn't decide which one is better for Windows 7. One site mentioned that Windows 7 is good enough optimizing RAM where there is no need for "third party" optimizers.

It is, you don't need 3rd party tools to do this. All your doing is installing more crap onto your computer to try and make it faster. Doesn't make sense does it?
Posted 10 years ago
I agree with you Sir D.M. Unlike Win 7, perhaps, other Win OS like XP & Vista, might benefit from RAM optimizers because they don't have a good memory management. I read somewhere that Win 7 has a "ReadyBoost" feature to boost speed, plugging an external flash drive or memory card into the computer. I haven't tried it, so I'm not sure it it works.