IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 9 years ago · Author
PhoenixRising wrote:
I love IMVUlite and I really don't want to get on IMVU using the client they provide. My O/S is Windows XP and I am getting this error message
http://prntscr.com/5z6j7k, all prior versions worked fine for me until this last update in January. I had no plans in upgrading my OS. :-s

I chose to only allow the installer to work on Win7+. If I recall correctly, IMVU doesn't support XP anymore.

Varsha wrote:
January 30, 2015: We have now disabled all 3D chat versions 513.0 and below. The lowest available version is 514.0. IMVU users will be required to upgrade if they are currently on version 513.0 or below.

So install the regular client (either 514 or the newest, preferably 515 since that's what IMVULite is running on currently) and tell me if it runs. If it does, I'll rebuild the installer and add support for XP.
Posted 9 years ago
D.M wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
I love IMVUlite and I really don't want to get on IMVU using the client they provide. My O/S is Windows XP and I am getting this error message
http://prntscr.com/5z6j7k, all prior versions worked fine for me until this last update in January. I had no plans in upgrading my OS. :-s

I chose to only allow the installer to work on Win7+. If I recall correctly, IMVU doesn't support XP anymore.

Varsha wrote:
January 30, 2015: We have now disabled all 3D chat versions 513.0 and below. The lowest available version is 514.0. IMVU users will be required to upgrade if they are currently on version 513.0 or below.

So install the regular client (either 514 or the newest, preferably 515 since that's what IMVULite is running on currently) and tell me if it runs. If it does, I'll rebuild the installer and add support for XP.

I installed IMVU's newest client version 516.0 and it worked just fine with my Window XP OS
PhoenixRising wrote:
I installed IMVU's newest client version 516.0 and it worked just fine with my Window XP OS

Interesting, I could have sworn I read on their forums that they no longer supported it. Oh well. I've rebuilt the installer. Go ahead and re download IMVULite from the first post.
Posted 9 years ago
D.M wrote:
Interesting, I could have sworn I read on their forums that they no longer supported it. Oh well. I've rebuilt the installer. Go ahead and re download IMVULite from the first post.

You are probably right and did read it on their forums somewhere and they realized that was a huge mistake and corrected it because they had a lot of complaints from IMVU users that still use Windows XP is what I am guessing, thanks for updating it.
IMVULite has been updated click HERE to download the new version or check the OP.
Posted 9 years ago
Hey I downloaded it and all but whenever I message anyone this message comes out http://prntscr.com/7969nt
Please help, it keeps preventing me of messaging anyone.

-- Mon May 25, 2015 3:30 pm --

Hey I downloaded it and all but whenever I message anyone this message comes out http://prntscr.com/7969nt

-- Mon May 25, 2015 4:33 pm --

D.M wrote:
Are you tired of IMVU's clunky, broken and bloated client? Do you wish there was an alternative? Well, now there is! The Staff here at The IMVU Mafias have taken it upon themselves to give the community what it wants. Introducing IMVULite!

IMVULite is a lightweight version IMVU's client. It is not intended to unlock all the things IMVU wants you to pay for or bypass anything and you can NOT rip products with it. With it, you get these features:

-=No Unnecessary Files=-
    We've taken the liberty of removing things that shouldn't be in there. Such as those hidden admin modes and WIP modes that regular users never get to see or use. These files double the size of IMVU and they don't even do anything for the user! This is just another example of IMVU's poor development process, taking the easy way out and leaving unfinished things in a final release of a product for the end user. Shame on them!

-=No Forced Updates=-
    You will never have to update this client if you don't want to (Unless IMVU disables it from connecting to their servers)!

-=90% Less Ads=-
    You will never have to look at an ad when loading into a room, checking your inbox or friends list again! If you're not VIP, you will still see VIP purchase ads if you try to use VIP features though. We left those in on purpose.

-=No Tracking=-
    We've removed the tracking features. This allows you to bypass IP bans and helps keep your accounts safe. It is not a perfect system though, you can always get banned if you don't take precautions so don't rely purely on it. You've been warned!

-=Increased Chat Invite Time=-
    Do you ever feel like IMVU does not give you enough time to write a witty decline message when someone invites you to a chat? Maybe you want enough time to actually recognize the person or look at their hp? Do you ever miss an invite because you got up to use the bathroom or get some food/drink? Well, no longer will you have to worry about that! With IMVULite you get a whole 3mins to spend when someone invites you :P

-=QuickChat=-
    When you hover over your name in a chat room, buttons will appear that allow you to easily welcome someone to your room with the press of a button.

-=No Annoying Credits Button - Experimental=-
    The credits button will no longer annoy you with animations and make your client flash in your task bar when minimized. This feature is experimental.

IMVULite is currently on v28 using client 518.10

If IMVU links are no longer working when using IMVULite, follow these steps to fix them

-Create a Textfile "Filename.txt" (e.g. Whatever.txt)
-Copy the following code into it:
Code
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTimvu]
@="URL: IMVU Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTimvushell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTimvushellopen]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTimvushellopencommand]
@=""C:UsersMoriganAppDataRoamingIMVUClientIMVUQualityAgent.exe" "%1""

-Make sure the Link goes to your Imvu-Folder (the code given is the one in my registry)
-Save the file extension as .reg (e.g. Whatever.reg)
-Double click and confirm you want to enter this information into your registry

Hawtlism wrote:

I've never seen that error before, have you tried the regular client to see if it errors too?
Posted 9 years ago
AWESOME!! Works perfectly. Keep the good work going. Dont forget to rest to =)
Posted 9 years ago
Wah, will try this because it seems awesome. :bun:
Posted 9 years ago
Thanks for this! It's running pretty smooth. I'm enjoying the quick chat, and no ads ;) I really appreciate it. :aHappy: