Retired/Disabled Names List

DataMine
by DataMine · 32 posts
8 years ago in Introductions
Posted 8 years ago · Author
adryan87 wrote:
damn 20 gb? ) are you ripping all the database ? )

I found a text editor that is meant to work with large files. Using this program I cut out all names that were disabled and pasted them into a new file. Leaving only the retired named in the original file. This new file with only disabled names was over 10 million lines long and came out to 450mb.

After scanning this file, I have found that it is made up of mostly duplicate data. I am in the process of removing all of the duplicate now. So if the original file is anything like this new one, it's mostly duplicates.

This means most of that 20gb is wasted space. Looking back at my code, I can understand how this happened. I rushed to get the retired name finder finished since it was not meant to be anything I released or even used for anything important. But in doing so I wrote code that was super inefficient and duplicated the data every time it went to save it.

Don't worry though, I have re wrote the code and have the name finder scanning again as we speak. I am also cleaning up the old files. So hopefully I'll have something to post real soon.
adryan87 wrote:
good work bo rush thoughi also posted some css usefull things if you wanna check it outwill be adding more and some php scripts also if i find the right topic

PhP goes in the PhP section here: viewforum.php?f=104
I have my program scanning for more names outputting a new file every 5,000 names. I'll keep updating the download if people show enough interest.
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
One word, Guest_fuckmeintheASSplease_disabled_2006736_retired_2006736

That certainly was one of the more interesting names I found. Sadly, I was unable to gather anymore information about that account. I was hoping it had been a creator at one point and would have a catalog full of goodies.

Oh, I added 200,000 more names to the list. Go ahead and re download it.

Posted 8 years ago
Nice job