IMVU Banning for no reason

Hydra
by Hydra · 30 posts
8 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 8 years ago
xhynrae wrote:
Sorry am a bit confused...why not just use IMVUlite stand alone w/o VPN.I thought Lite already has trackers removed making it unnecessary to use VPNipv4 and ipv6.Maybe someone here can explain.

IMVULite doesn't mask your ip, it only prevents IMVU from using bluecava to get other bits of information about your computer.

xhynrae wrote:
Maybe disable ipv6? Im not knowledgable about this stuff but i notice difference between ipv4 and ipv6. Maybe someone here can explain.

There are a lot of articles on the subject if you wish to research it: https://www.google.com/#q=ip4+vs+ip6 Needless to say disabling won't help you though.
Posted 8 years ago
They are banning for no reason i use imvulite (haven't got round to installing T3DE yet) and just last week i was on my main and got signed out and goto sign in and its disabled for "association to ring of users defrauding IMVU by creating UFI, now my main has had no UFI'S on it since its 1st suspension last year and i had spent $1,000 on my main had 2 alts all 3 were AP/VIP creating accounts the other 2 were BM accounts they disabled all 3 + 1 account that was used just to put creds on all the same day only way possible of linking them all together is IP, or through the chat when i was tranferring creds at least thats what i think.
Called them, chatted, LIVE chat trying to get my main back all say the same thing they cant reactivate it due to the severe breach of TOS tried bribing arguing just goes round in circles so filed complaint to BBB hoping i can get the something going DON has been helpful and given me suggestions which i appreciate alot i think IMVU are just scamming people to hget more money out of them
Posted 8 years ago
Just to make everyone is aware, even if you don't create UFI products on your main account, your main account can still get banned for UFI. This happens because IMVU will sometimes ban your ip which bans all accounts that have ever logged in with it.

If you are a UFI creator, I highly suggest you only submit products via a VPN/proxy. Otherwise if you get ct caught, your main is at risk.
Posted 8 years ago
IMVULite doesn't mask your ip, it only prevents IMVU from using bluecava to get other bits of information about your computer.

Actually it does in the client. Once you use IMVULite, I no longer have ip tracking problems through the client. Where they get you though is in the browser. You have to block bluecava in the browser too. (not just the bluecava javascript)
Posted 8 years ago
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
D.M wrote:
Actually it does in the client. Once you use IMVULite, I no longer have ip tracking problems through the client. Where they get you though is in the browser. You have to block bluecava in the browser too. (not just the bluecava javascript)
[/quote]

I don't see how that's possible, they can log your ip whenever you make a connection to their server in any form. Unless they were solely using bluecava for that, but even still...there would be some logs somewhere that record that.
Posted 8 years ago
D.M wrote:
Unless they were solely using bluecava for that

Correct. They solely use bluecava for that.

D.M wrote:
but even still...there would be some logs somewhere that record that.

Does not matter. They only use bluecava. I have run tests. As long as bluecava is gone in the client ... client wise my accounts are not connected / mass banned.
Posted 8 years ago
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
D.M wrote:
Unless they were solely using bluecava for that
Correct. They solely use bluecava for that.
D.M wrote:
but even still...there would be some logs somewhere that record that.
Does not matter. They only use bluecava. I have run tests. As long as bluecava is gone in the client ... client wise my accounts are not connected / mass banned.

So how are people getting multiple account banned while still using IMVULite?
Posted 8 years ago
Eh... how come?
Posted 8 years ago
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
They only use bluecava. I have run tests. As long as bluecava is gone in the client ... client wise my accounts are not connected / mass banned.

So DO NOT log into through web browser? But when submitting products, window opens confirming submission and have to choose whether to publish or not. Is IP picked up then?
Posted 8 years ago
xhynrae wrote:
So DO NOT log into through web browser?But when submitting products, window opens confirming submission and have to choose whether to publish or not.Is IP picked up then?

To get around that problem, I use chrome and this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... cgbh?hl=en

Enable the "block words" option and add the following words:
:star: bluecava
:star: tracking