A way to view under 18 chat rooms?

Hydra
by Hydra · 41 posts
8 years ago in Basic Creator Help
Posted 8 years ago
thessa wrote:
This would be a better idea than trying to change your avatar card...It might just lead you to be disabled for something not worth being disabled....This is worth a try...Enjoy...You know being 18 has a lot to offer too....enjoy it!belated Happy Birthday!

I am pretty sure the avatar card thing was just a different thing he wanted to talk to me about.
Posted 8 years ago
make second avatar is the simply solution ;) of course !
Posted 8 years ago · Author
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
This is easy. Just make a second under 18 account. Login to your over 18 account in the client and login to your under 18 account on the website. Then search for under 18 rooms here: http://www.imvu.com/rooms/You can use the join buttons on the website to send your over 18 account into the under 18 rooms.

smilelife wrote:
make second avatar is the simply solution of course !

I've already said this in my first post. I don't want to get banned for age mispresentation

-- Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:37 pm --

Bump

-- Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:39 pm --

Maybe @D.M you can add this feature into your public room finder? I'd buy it if you did
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
Maybe @D.M you can add this feature into your public room finder? I'd buy it if you did

The Public Room Finder searches public rooms created by a specific user and there is no data available to determine the room age. So this is not possible.

However, if you could give me more info on how rooms are tagged as under 18 and how you would normally search for them on an underage account (I've never had one nor searched for these rooms) I could look into it and possibly make something else.

At the moment, my main focus is adding this feature to T3DE.

Off Topic: If you want to get my attention to your post use the tag bbcode. That not only will send me a pm notifying me of the tag but I'll also get an email. You can click the tag bbcode button when posting or use the code:

Code
[tag]username[/tag]
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:Maybe @D.M you can add this feature into your public room finder? I'd buy it if you didThe Public Room Finder searches public rooms created by a specific user and there is no data available to determine the room age. So this is not possible.However, if you could give me more info on how rooms are tagged as under 18 and how you would normally search for them on an underage account (I've never had one nor searched for these rooms) I could look into it and possibly make something else.At the moment, my main focus is adding this feature to T3DE.Off Topic: If you want to get my attention to your post use the tag bbcode. That not only will send me a pm notifying me of the tag but I'll also get an email. You can click the tag bbcode button when posting or use the code:Code: [Select all] [Expand/Collapse] [Download] (Untitled.txt)
@username
GeSHi ©

@D.M

Basically when you are under age, all your room searches are made by under 18's. You can not see any over 18 rooms (non-ap) unless you have the room URL. In other words, the creator of the room will always have an age of 17 or under. This age is also always publicly view-able (you cannot hide your age).

Also the public room finder would work if you maybe added a leacher. So what I mean is, you input a list of usernames (your friends) and it checks what room's they are in if their room location is on. Then it takes the usernames in that room and check's for their room locations to see what other rooms they are in and it creates a branch of rooms. So basically it will leach off usernames in rooms to find other rooms. Essentially your friends will hang out with your other friends or people alike and it'd be easier to find people and new friends.
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
Also the public room finder would work if you maybe added a leacher. So what I mean is, you input a list of usernames (your friends) and it checks what room's they are in if their room location is on. Then it takes the usernames in that room and check's for their room locations to see what other rooms they are in and it creates a branch of rooms. So basically it will leach off usernames in rooms to find other rooms. Essentially your friends will hang out with your other friends or people alike and it'd be easier to find people and new friends.

That is completely different from how the PRF works and what data it returns. In fact, what you suggest is not even what you originally wanted. What you've described is nothing more than a friend spider. Originally you wanted a program to return any under 18 rooms it could find. That is what I can't do (as the room data doesn't list a room age of any sort).

The friend spider is doable. It would be more like the GetRoomLocations program I made but instead of stopping after one name, it continues till it runs out of them.
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:Also the public room finder would work if you maybe added a leacher. So what I mean is, you input a list of usernames (your friends) and it checks what room's they are in if their room location is on. Then it takes the usernames in that room and check's for their room locations to see what other rooms they are in and it creates a branch of rooms. So basically it will leach off usernames in rooms to find other rooms. Essentially your friends will hang out with your other friends or people alike and it'd be easier to find people and new friends.That is completely different from how the PRF works and what data it returns. In fact, what you suggest is not even what you originally wanted. What you've described is nothing more than a friend spider. Originally you wanted a program to return any under 18 rooms it could find. That is what I can't do (as the room data doesn't list a room age of any sort).The friend spider is doable. It would be more like the GetRoomLocations program I made but instead of stopping after one name, it continues till it runs out of them.

I'm just trying to spit ball ideas, maybe that's a way you could find under 18 rooms from making a friend spider. If one of your friend's are under 18, most likely they will be in other under 18 rooms. At the end, I would like something where it allows me to view under 18 rooms. I don't really want a friend spider but something where I can view under 18 rooms
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
I don't really want a friend spider but something where I can view under 18 rooms

I understand you what you're wanting. I've been trying to explain exactly why I cannot give you what you want. There simply is no data available that lets you distinguish an under 18 room from an over 18 room other than who is in the room.

If the room happens to contain someone under 18 at the time of checking, then that's a good indication the room is under 18. Otherwise the room could just be a regular 18+ room. There's simply no other way of determining this that I am aware of.

That said, I could offer you a program that checks the ages of all occupants in a room or rooms. However, this program would probably not be as ideal as you would like. If you want to know why, click the spoiler below:

Spoiler: Explanation

In order to access room information you need the room's id number. The room ID is partially generated from the room owner's CID. The rest of the room ID is a random number. This is what allows my Public Room Finder to work as it converts the name into a CID and appends a number to it starting at zero and then checks if it's a valid room.

This means there is no efficient method for just scanning rooms on IMVU like you can scan for products. You have to start at a specific user's room and go from there. The only way around this is to attempting to generate a random room id from a randomly generated cid and hope it's a valid room and then hope that the people inside it have their age visible and are under 18.

So in conclusion, you would have a program that just runs all day attempting to find valid rooms that contain under 18 users. It would be a bit slow and time consuming for you.

After reading that explanation, if this is something you're willing to purchase, I will consider making it. It will get pretty complicated and time consuming to create.
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:I don't really want a friend spider but something where I can view under 18 roomsI understand you what you're wanting. I've been trying to explain exactly why I cannot give you what you want. There simply is no data available that lets you distinguish an under 18 room from an over 18 room other than who is in the room.If the room happens to contain someone under 18 at the time of checking, then that's a good indication the room is under 18. Otherwise the room could just be a regular 18+ room. There's simply no other way of determining this that I am aware of.That said, I could offer you a program that checks the ages of all occupants in a room or rooms. However, this program would probably not be as ideal as you would like. If you want to know why, click the spoiler below:ExplanationIn order to access room information you need the room's id number. The room ID is partially generated from the room owner's CID. The rest of the room ID is a random number. This is what allows my Public Room Finder to work as it converts the name into a CID and appends a number to it starting at zero and then checks if it's a valid room.This means there is no efficient method for just scanning rooms on IMVU like you can scan for products. You have to start at a specific user's room and go from there. The only way around this is to attempting to generate a random room id from a randomly generated cid and hope it's a valid room and then hope that the people inside it have their age visible and are under 18.So in conclusion, you would have a program that just runs all day attempting to find valid rooms that contain under 18 users. It would be a bit slow and time consuming for you.
After reading that explanation, if this is something you're willing to purchase, I will consider making it. It will get pretty complicated and time consuming to create.

Oh I see. Read all your things, so you are saying even a friend/username spider would not work (leaching rooms from other's room location and leaching again and again).

I would also consider paying for it if something liker a spider is possible (since the room ID way would take too long). The leecher would also be good in finding hidden users (that have their room locations off).
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
Oh I see. Read all your things, so you are saying even a friend/username spider would not work (leaching rooms from other's room location and leaching again and again)

No, that would work but you said you didn't want a friends spider.

Hydra wrote:
I would also consider paying for it if something liker a spider is possible (since the room ID way would take too long). The leecher would also be good in finding hidden users (that have their room locations off).

Depending on how many friends you start with or how many people are in each room, the friends spider may not be much faster. Also, the program I described above would only be slow because it would run non stop and the rooms it does find may not be under 18. The friends spider would have an advantage if you started with friends you know are under 18 though.