A way to view under 18 chat rooms?

Hydra
by Hydra · 41 posts
8 years ago in Basic Creator Help
Posted 8 years ago · Author
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:Oh I see. Read all your things, so you are saying even a friend/username spider would not work (leaching rooms from other's room location and leaching again and again)
No, that would work but you said you didn't want a friends spider. Hydra wrote:I would also consider paying for it if something liker a spider is possible (since the room ID way would take too long). The leecher would also be good in finding hidden users (that have their room locations off).Depending on how many friends you start with or how many people are in each room, the friends spider may not be much faster. Also, the program I described above would only be slow because it would run non stop and the rooms it does find may not be under 18. The friends spider would have an advantage if you started with friends you know are under 18 though.

Most of my friends are under 18 so I would start with a lot. The friend spider is the only option because the room ID (where it trys multiple combo's) is going to take an extremely long time. The friend spider would be much faster because it would leach rooms much faster.
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
I would also consider paying for it if something liker a spider is possible (since the room ID way would take too long). The leecher would also be good in finding hidden users (that have their room locations off).

I did some work tonight on my library to get it prepared for the spider and some updates to some other programs. Right now I'm writing functions for grabbing all of the room information as well as user information.

I'm technically on vacation right now while the GF is visiting so I no longer have the time to work all day but I plan on getting small amounts of work done periodically so one of these nights I'll write up the room spider for you.

As I mentioned above, I'm preparing my library for the spider so once that is complete, it should be fairly simple to get a basic application up and running to display that data for you.

@hydra
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:
I would also consider paying for it if something liker a spider is possible (since the room ID way would take too long). The leecher would also be good in finding hidden users (that have their room locations off).

I did some work tonight on my library to get it prepared for the spider and some updates to some other programs. Right now I'm writing functions for grabbing all of the room information as well as user information.

I'm technically on vacation right now while the GF is visiting so I no longer have the time to work all day but I plan on getting small amounts of work done periodically so one of these nights I'll write up the room spider for you.

As I mentioned above, I'm preparing my library for the spider so once that is complete, it should be fairly simple to get a basic application up and running to display that data for you.@Hydra

Thank you very much. I appreciate it a lot. Will it be added to IMVU public room finder?

Another nifty feature to this would be something like looking for a friend in a public room who has their room locations off. So the spider can find this info
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
Will it be added to IMVU public room finder?

No, the PRF's sole purpose is to find public rooms belonging to a specific user. Turning it into the spider would break the purpose of it. The spider will be a separate program that I only planned on giving to you unless others wanted it too.

Hydra wrote:
Another nifty feature to this would be something like looking for a friend in a public room who has their room locations off. So the spider can find this info

I used to have a program called "IMVU Is Buddies" that would take 2 avatar names and tell you if they were friends. But it no longer works because IMVU's server does not give the correct information anymore. And since room data does contain any information about friends, I don't think I'd be able to add this feature.

That said, I will take a look at the code in the client and see how it goes about populating friends on the room card. Perhaps I could tap into the data source it uses.

@hydra
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:Another nifty feature to this would be something like looking for a friend in a public room who has their room locations off. So the spider can find this infoI used to have a program called "IMVU Is Buddies" that would take 2 avatar names and tell you if they were friends. But it no longer works because IMVU's server does not give the correct information anymore. And since room data does contain any information about friends, I don't think I'd be able to add this feature.That said, I will take a look at the code in the client and see how it goes about populating friends on the room card. Perhaps I could tap into the data source it uses.@Hydra

@D.M

I meant like input a person username to see if they are in any of the rooms you have spidered.

So like these are the rooms you have found from the spider:

Room 1: Bob, tom, sarah, jack, logan
Room 2: tom, logan
Room 3, jack, logan
Room 4, sarah, bob, jac

You want to know if tom is in any of the rooms you have found in your spider. The program tells you, he in in room 1 and room 2
Posted 8 years ago
@hydra

Oh, I see. I could add a feature to let you search the rooms it's found for a specific user.
D.M wrote:
@HydraOh, I see. I could add a feature to let you search the rooms it's found for a specific user.

@D.M

Yea. By the way, will it have a multiple user load feature? So you input multiple of your friends so it checks rooms faster?
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
will it have a multiple user load feature? So you input multiple of your friends so it checks rooms faster?

I was not planning on doing that. I was planning on having you input 1 friend and it would then crawl all the rooms starting from that user.
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:will it have a multiple user load feature? So you input multiple of your friends so it checks rooms faster?I was not planning on doing that. I was planning on having you input 1 friend and it would then crawl all the rooms starting from that user.

@D.M

Oh okay. I thought it could be faster if you input like multiple friends.
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
Oh okay. I thought it could be faster if you input like multiple friends.

In order to make that work, the program would need to split the work load between multiple threads and keep track of them like the MPR does which increases the development time and the cost.

I was not planning on charging you more than $5 to $10 for this program so I do not plan on spending more than a few hours over a few days to create it. If you want it jam packed with features and as fast as possible, that's going to cost more.

Here is the core logic for the program as of right now (right-click view image to see the full image):

It will use multi threading but only to keep the UI active while it searches.

@hydra