A way to view under 18 chat rooms?

Hydra
by Hydra · 41 posts
8 years ago in Basic Creator Help
Posted 8 years ago · Author
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:Oh okay. I thought it could be faster if you input like multiple friends.In order to make that work, the program would need to split the work load between multiple threads and keep track of them like the MPR does which increases the development time and the cost.I was not planning on charging you more than $5 to $10 for this program so I do not plan on spending more than a few hours over a few days to create it. If you want it jam packed with features and as fast as possible, that's going to cost more.Here is the core logic for the program as of right now (right-click view image to see the full image):It will use multi threading but only to keep the UI active while it searches.@Hydra

No rush to be honest. Since you are making it for me, could you have under 18 and over 18 options please.
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
No rush to be honest. Since you are making it for me, could you have under 18 and over 18 options please.

I could turn it into a general purpose room spider and offer filter options such as age, ap and vip.
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:No rush to be honest. Since you are making it for me, could you have under 18 and over 18 options please.I could turn it into a general purpose room spider and offer filter options such as age, ap and vip.

That's be cool. So like:
Under 18
Over 18
AP
VIP

-- Sun May 01, 2016 12:31 am --

@D.M

Hows to project going?
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
Hows to project going?

I've been busy with family get togetheres the last few days. I'm starting on it today.

@hydra

-- Mon May 02, 2016 8:05 am --

I've gotten the first quarter of the program complete, I need to do some code optimizations and a little more logic planning.

@hydra
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:Hows to project going?I've been busy with family get togetheres the last few days. I'm starting on it today.@Hydra-- Mon May 02, 2016 8:05 am --I've gotten the first quarter of the program complete, I need to do some code optimizations and a little more logic planning.@Hydra

@D.M
Thats fine. Can't wait for you to be done :D
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
Thats fine. Can't wait for you to be done

The solution got corrupted and I'm not sure how to fix it so for now I need to put it on hold and get started on our set of My IMVU programs hat Don has been waiting months for. I'll see about re creating it or trying to figure out a fix here and there.

@hydra

-- Thu May 05, 2016 1:07 pm --

Hydra wrote:
Alright, no problems

Please try not to incorrectly use the tag bbcode, you caused a database error that prevented this topic from loading. I've fixed it so we're all good now.

On topic: I managed to figure out what was causing all of my solutions to be corrupted so I should be able to work on the room spider again

@hydra

-- Thu May 05, 2016 4:31 pm --

I have a rough version completed that I'm ready to give to you.

@hydra
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
I just found a really cool trick. Check out the this person's AVATAR card: VicesMaybe you can tell us how to do this? Different font + glow. Pretty sure its just some sort of inject in the IMVU Account page url (like how you use to do no relationship, origination and here for status)

Not sure if your question was answered properly but there was a small bug awhile back on IMVU's behalf which briefly allowed users to enter simple HTML code into a tagline directly. You couldn't see it yourself but you would type something such as "<b>this is my tagline</b>" and that's how you would see it but other users would of saw it as "This is my tagline". The bug has been fixed now.
Posted 8 years ago
Connection wrote:
Not sure if your question was answered properly but there was a small bug awhile back on IMVU's behalf which briefly allowed users to enter simple HTML code into a tagline directly. You couldn't see it yourself but you would type something such as "this is my tagline" and that's how you would see it but other users would of saw it as "This is my tagline". The bug has been fixed now.

Ah, that's what I was thinking. Thank you for confirming that for us.
D.M wrote:
Hydra wrote:Maybe @D.M you can add this feature into your public room finder? I'd buy it if you didThe Public Room Finder searches public rooms created by a specific user and there is no data available to determine the room age. So this is not possible.However, if you could give me more info on how rooms are tagged as under 18 and how you would normally search for them on an underage account (I've never had one nor searched for these rooms) I could look into it and possibly make something else.At the moment, my main focus is adding this feature to T3DE.Off Topic: If you want to get my attention to your post use the tag bbcode. That not only will send me a pm notifying me of the tag but I'll also get an email. You can click the tag bbcode button when posting or use the code:Code: [Select all] [Expand/Collapse] [Download] (Untitled.txt)
@username
GeSHi ©

@D.M
There is a way to determine if the room is under 18 or not.

Look at the owner's avatar card. If the age is under 18 then its an under 18 room. If the age is N/A or older then the room is over 18. Under 18 players can't set their age to N/A.
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
D.M There is a way to determine if the room is under 18 or not.Look at the owner's avatar card. If the age is under 18 then its an under 18 room. If the age is N/A or older then the room is over 18. Under 18 players can't set their age to N/A.

Oh, I did not know under age users couldn't set their age to N/A, that is useful to know. Anyway, Don and I finished a basic version of this program about a week ago, I've been waiting for you to come online to give it to you.

@hydra