Forum Improvements & Changes

DataMine
by DataMine · 94 posts
8 years ago in Mafia News
Posted 8 years ago · Author
I've made some changes to the index page: https://www.imvumafias.org/community/

:star: The forum listing has been changed to a masonry layout. This means you will not have to scroll as much now to see all of the forums. Exactly how Pinterest displays images.

:star: A hover effect has been added to the subforum rows to better reflect that they are clickable when you have moved your over them.

:star: The subforum links have been changed to display block so they take up the whole row to make them easier to click.
I have given some of the ranks new images. Created by me in Photoshop CC 2015.

Lower Family Member (100 Posts):

Inner Family Member (200 Posts):

Legendary Family Member (400 Posts):

Admin

While these are mostly done, I might tweak them a little bit and add an image on the shield. Haven't decided yet.
Posted 8 years ago
Anyway you choose everything by yourself .... Nice shields btw.
Axiom® wrote:
Anyway you choose everything by yourself .... Nice shields btw.

I did offer anyone who was active on the site the chance to submit ideas/feedback for rank images to me but after being up for months you were the only person to submit one and I did not :tlaponder: yours fit in with the overall theme of the site. It was a good suggestion and is what kept me on the idea of shields.

When I release a change or product to you guys, it's normally gone through many different versions or changes before our users ever see it. So only having 1 idea from the community, I didn't have much to work with and ended up having to do it myself.

I'm sorry if my choice has offended you, it was not intentional. I will continue to take suggestions/feedback from you all and I do take what you guys say into consideration even if I don't use the exact idea you send me. So don't let this stop you from posting your suggestions in the future.
Posted 8 years ago
it looks great D.M as always ur tireless work efforts come out awesome

cheers mate
Adryan® wrote:
yea but one problem an empty shield is not in any way relative to the user's rankyou should make some changes @D.M

Have any suggestions?
Posted 8 years ago
D.M wrote:
I did offer anyone who was active on the site the chance to submit ideas/feedback for rank images to me but after being up for months you were the only person to submit one and I did not yours fit in with the overall theme of the site. It was a good suggestion and is what kept me on the idea of shields.When I release a change or product to you guys, it's normally gone through many different versions or changes before our users ever see it. So only having 1 idea from the community, I didn't have much to work with and ended up having to do it myself.I'm sorry if my choice has offended you, it was not intentional. I will continue to take suggestions/feedback from you all and I do take what you guys say into consideration even if I don't use the exact idea you send me. So don't let this stop you from posting your suggestions in the future.

I believe that our site is great, professional, interesting and highly informative in many areas. I also think that we are growing, improving, we changing things for better every day. And the whole staff are working hard in it. Everything on our site is changing ... Noone will die if we'll grow on the overall style theme of our site. This is not regarding the shields of course, jut I wanted give you my point of view.