IMVU Crash Codes Are Back

Hydra
by Hydra · 24 posts
8 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 8 years ago · Author
IMVU Crash codes are back. I'm trying to find the code. I got crashed by one of them today.
Posted 8 years ago
Yes, we have another topic about this. And now people are wanting me to create something to protect them from it. Unfortunately my plate is full atm.
Posted 8 years ago
it's a nuisance atleast lite can withstand it better
Posted 8 years ago · Author
4_6_j1mStones wrote:
it's a nuisance atleast lite can withstand it better

Downgrade to a older version of IMVU. These new Crash codes won't work on you

-- Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:51 am --

quote="D.M"]Yes, we have another topic about this. And now people are wanting me to create something to protect them from it. Unfortunately my plate is full atm.[/quote]

What project would be needed from crash codes? You just type it into chat and it crashes people. Why a program?
Posted 8 years ago
a lower version of imvu lite is available?
Posted 8 years ago
I'm still trying to figure out how people are able to do this.
I saw one guy use a hex editor before to hex edit the client,
which I'm really not quite sure how that actually works anyway.
Then, others say that they modify the VB and put it on, which
will then crash the entire room and yourself if I'm not mistaken.
Posted 8 years ago
I can't get the crash code I know of to work. I ran my chat spammer with it and my client never crashed. So I can't test any protections against it at the moment.

EDIT: If I manually paste the code into the chat really fast it will lock up my client while it attempts to load but then comes right back when it's done. I cannot get it to crash.
Posted 8 years ago
D.M wrote:
I can't get the crash code I know of to work. I ran my chat spammer with it and my client never crashed. So I can't test any protections against it at the moment.

EDIT: If I manually paste the code into the chat really fast it will lock up my client while it attempts to load but then comes right back when it's done. I cannot get it to crash.

that's what it did to me at first when i tested it before pming, it works better in a room with people
Posted 8 years ago
D.M wrote:

There's 1 person that I know that has a VB that can crash people.
I'll get back to you if I get anymore information about this and relay
it back to you. I won't do it now because I need to find out and see
if it works still.
Posted 8 years ago
I've come up with a way of protecting my clients from the crash code. I'm currently testing it. At the moment, if you type in a crash code your message will get altered into something else. The idea is to make it so anyone who tries to use a crash code ends up saying something that lets other people know what they tried to do, thus hopefully getting them booted.

After that I just need to protect my clients from other clients using the codes.