IMVU Crash Codes Are Back

Hydra
by Hydra · 24 posts
8 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 8 years ago
D.M wrote:
I've come up with a way of protecting my clients from the crash code. I'm currently testing it. At the moment, if you type in a crash code your message will get altered into something else. The idea is to make it so anyone who tries to use a crash code ends up saying something that lets other people know what they tried to do, thus hopefully getting them booted.

After that I just need to protect my clients from other clients using the codes.

That's very interesting. I like the idea of that.
I haven't ran into any room crashers, but that
will definitely be a sweet treat.
Posted 8 years ago
sounds good, definitely a relief :mrgreen:
Posted 8 years ago · Author
D.M wrote:
I've come up with a way of protecting my clients from the crash code. I'm currently testing it. At the moment, if you type in a crash code your message will get altered into something else. The idea is to make it so anyone who tries to use a crash code ends up saying something that lets other people know what they tried to do, thus hopefully getting them booted.

After that I just need to protect my clients from other clients using the codes.

Have you tried using an older version on IMVU? Crash codes dont crash you if you use an older version
Posted 8 years ago
Oh btw
@Hydra
the crash code isn't new, it's pretty silly and was believed to be patched after i did some research i'm guessing theres different versions of it that imvu didn't patch
Posted 8 years ago
4_6_j1mStones wrote:
Oh btw
@Hydra
the crash code isn't new, it's pretty silly and was believed to be patched after i did some research i'm guessing theres different versions of it that imvu didn't patch

It seems like there's different client codes that people modified
in the previous versions which allows them to crash others.
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
Have you tried using an older version on IMVU? Crash codes dont crash you if you use an older version

No, I plan on adding these protections to IMVULite and T3DE which are both kept relatively up-to-date. So I need techniques that work on new browsers.

From what people have told me of crash codes, I am fairly certain I can block them. I already have come up with a method of preventing people from using the codes while on IMVULite/T3DE. The finally step is just to prevent my clients from attempting to load the crash codes.
Posted 8 years ago
Saw somebody accidently spamming it without it being hidden, is there anyway to not crash from it? O.o
Posted 7 years ago
this is why i dont like public rooms verry much ppl make drama and start attacking ppl so why boder when you can do same things in private chats and only invite your friends to chill and have fun :)
Posted 7 years ago
MrsKnownRebel wrote:
tually locks you out of your account temporarily, it's so annoying I hope DM can come up with something that blocks that as well.

I can add blocks for the use code crashes in IMVULite and T3DE but that's about it. Not sure what the other one you're talking about is though.