Minor Shoutbox Upgrade

DataMine
by DataMine · 5 posts
7 years ago in Mafia News
Posted 7 years ago · Author
The shoutbox has been given a visual upgrade.

:star: The light gray background behind the text input and buttons has been removed.
:star: The bbcode/rules/archive etc.. buttons have been moved above and to the right of the message area.
:star: The bbcode/rules/archive etc.. buttons have been changed to icons, similar to more modern chat interfaces.
:star: The send button is now inside the message area and to the left similar to every other message area known to man.

This new interface takes up less space, looks better and should hopefully provide an overall better experience for you guys.
I have made some more changes to the shoutbox today:

:star: The message field is now a textarea instead of an input.
:star: The message field now supports multiline messages. The downside to this is the enter button no longer submits the message, it makes a new line. You have to click the submit button. The submit button is in a convenient place though so this shouldn't be a problem.
Adryan wrote:
great changes i was thinking might look better with a black scroll bar too

I agree. Unfortunately adding the custom scrollbar fucks up the shoutbox's automatic scrolling feature when new messages are posted. I have not yet figured out a fix.
Posted 7 years ago
Awesome upgrade, looks alot better. I also like the christmas theme we got going on xD