Install more than 1 IMVU client using batch scripts tutorial

DataMine
by DataMine · 97 posts
11 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 7 years ago
Before I use sandboxie program, now with that way I dont need to use it anymore. Thank you :awesome20:
Posted 7 years ago · Author
SamaelWar wrote:
Before I use sandboxie program, now with that way I dont need to use it anymore. Thank you :awesome20:

You still need sandboxie if you want to run both clients at the same time though. This just lets you install more than 1 client on the same machine.
Posted 7 years ago
Thank you for the great effort D.M, this is very handy.

I would like to add my two cents. Wouldn't it be easier to specify different destination folders for every client?
For example. On my machine, I have the IMVU client installed in the default \AppData\Roaming\ directory, and I have the IMVULite Client installed on a totally different directory let's say \Work\ImvuLite\ , and I am able to run the one I like without them affecting each other, and although I have T3DE installed on a separate vmware I don't think I will have any problem installing it on a third directory. A lazy user (I like to have nothing on my desktop :awesome11: ) can just drag shortcuts to the desktop with the names they desire for each client.
Posted 7 years ago · Author
Elie wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to specify different destination folders for every client?

Easier then what? This technique does rely on having separate directories for the different client installations.
Posted 7 years ago
oka i am late to this tutorial, is it still up an running because i would love to use it. :D but let me get the understanding, i can run more then one acct or does this say something im not getting. because at one time there was sandboxie, lol.
Posted 7 years ago
D.M wrote:
Easier then what?

I meant making the bat files :innocent:

kakowolf12345 wrote:
oka i am late to this tutorial, is it still up an running because i would love to use it. :D but let me get the understanding, i can run more then one acct or does this say something im not getting.

Yes this still works, but as the tutorial indicates: "Only one client can be running at the a time."
so basically you will be able to switch between different clients instead of installing them over and over again but will be able to run only one at a time.
Posted 7 years ago
Oh, thanks for the instructions and video D.M and Adryan.
Posted 7 years ago
NekaLion wrote:
I use this all the time, works like a charm

Good, I am gonna try it too