KB Masking

Gipper
by Gipper · 4 posts
7 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 7 years ago · Author
Do you frequently have high kilobytes on your avatar and enter rooms with a KB limit?

Opening the settings tab (upper-right in IMVU client) after joining any room will show your KBs as exactly 324, no matter what. This is an old glitch.

- Your KB count will reset if you change outfits in the room, in another tab, open or close a tab in the client or close the settings window. To set it back to 324, just close and reopen settings. IMVU Next and Mobile users are always at 0 KBs, so they do not benefit from this, really. It takes about 30 seconds for the server to register the change, but this will fool moderators and other chat room participants. Perhaps a tool can be made from this, I do not know. Have fun and experiment.
Posted 7 years ago
I can confirm that opening the setting tab works! However, I noticed if you've been in a room for a while and you do it, it doesn't work. It works when you've just joined the room.

Cool glitch man! Thanks for sharing
Posted 7 years ago
This comes in handy, when theres a room limit but hardly anyone in the room so I dont lag anyone. Always good reminder thanks:)
Posted 7 years ago
aye nice info, now i can wear anything without mods warning :panda12: