IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 7 years ago
Adryan wrote:
I meant the Boot option in the room list.
> Joins a random room where I'm not a mod
> Checks room's user list
> Picks a random person
> Clicks on report icon on their profile picture
> Clicks on Boot
> Pop up opens saying confirm or something (Don't have it on top of my head)
> Clicks Ok/Yes> Nothing happens ofcourse nothing happens and the reason for that is your not a mod.You gave your own solution to the problem.You can't boot someone if room isn't yours or you're not mod

Ah. Now I get the point. Since IMVU doesn't let you boot people without having to join the room you are mod at, IMVULite lets you do that. But can't a check be added before it displays such option.
Can't it check Room's mod list to check if user exists or not as a mod then display the option accordingly?
Posted 7 years ago
Ah. Now I get the point. Since IMVU doesn't let you boot people without having to join the room you are mod at, IMVULite lets you do that. But can't a check be added before it displays such option.
Can't it check Room's mod list to check if user exists or not as a mod then display the option accordingly?

i didnt design lite you have to ask
@D.M
about that
Posted 7 years ago · Author
Zix wrote:
Since IMVU doesn't let you boot people without having to join the room you are mod at, IMVULite lets you do that

No, no it doesn't. I don't know where you got that idea. If you read the first post in this thread it lists every feature of IMVILite. Nowhere does it advertising booting people from a room you don't own or are a mod in.
Posted 7 years ago
D.M wrote:
Zix wrote:Since IMVU doesn't let you boot people without having to join the room you are mod at, IMVULite lets you do that
No, no it doesn't. I don't know where you got that idea. If you read the first post in this thread it lists every feature of IMVILite. Nowhere does it advertising booting people from a room you don't own or are a mod in.

Yeah, @Adryian answered that for me. I thought the boot feature worked everywhere even if you weren't a mod in a room. I was mistaken.

Is that IMVU's default feature? Like does it show up on everyone's profile card or does it show up only on IMVULite.
If so can't IMVULite run a check to see if a user is a mod or not in that room then display that option?Image
Posted 7 years ago
I have seen that too and wondered the same thing. Think it was on lite also. Never tried it tho.
Posted 7 years ago
reason why alot people take advancetage of that. and i think that aint fair if you owner of room you get booted XD but it will be funny but confusing to other... people will know what you got if they research so just becareful!
Zix wrote:
Yeah, @Adryian answered that for me. I thought the boot feature worked everywhere even if you weren't a mod in a room. I was mistaken.Is that IMVU's default feature? Like does it show up on everyone's profile card or does it show up only on IMVULite.If so can't IMVULite run a check to see if a user is a mod or not in that room then display that option?

The reason you see the boot button is because in the process of enabling the mute button, I unhide everything in that dialog. The boot button won't actually work unless you're a room mod.

-- Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:37 pm --

Kari Wolf wrote:
I have seen that too and wondered the same thing.Think it was on lite also.Never tried it tho.

Yep IMVULite has the mute button too so the everything in that dialog becomes visible as well.
Posted 7 years ago
How do you get the mute feature? it isn't showing up for me.
GenericName wrote:
How do you get the mute feature? it isn't showing up for me.

Click on the block icon on someones avatar card. It'll be in the block menu along with booting.