Collecting Information On An IMVU User.

Zix
by Zix · 8 posts
6 years ago in Help & Support
Posted 6 years ago · Author
There is an IMVU user who knows too much about me sadly.

I was wondering if I could obtain information about them with their IMVU ID or by some other means. So far I only know their username, first name in real life and where they live.
Posted 6 years ago
unless you are able to get their IP Adress or Email... I highly doubt it..
Posted 6 years ago
There is several ways to find out information about a character on IMVU a few are in the Tools area above...But then this information is only good for the character and not the Real Life Person. If you are trying to search out that person well there is no real legit or legal way to do so and most programs that track a ISP will not give you the exact information that you are looking for. Some out there will only give you the address to the nearest hub. As stated above unless the person actually knows thier ISP and gives it to you...Legally and honestly you cannot get information about them. But there are shysters that can but even then you have to be careful as well.

Heres some Helpful Info on Laws regarding what you are seeking read them before attempting anything:

Since most internet users have ISPs using dynamic IP addresses (e.g. someone gets a new external IP address every few days) are there any laws requiring the ISPs to keep logs associating an IP address on a certain day with a certain individual? For example if someone h4c|<s a website and their IP address is found, can anything be done about it? If ISPs do keep logs, what is associated with a persons IP address? I mean does DHCP somehow know the geographical location of who gets what IP, and then that information is stored?

Some ISPs force a connection reset every 24h and you get a new IP address assigned, others don't force you and yet others give you a fixed ip address.

There are laws requiring the ISPs to log the User - IP association (which in turn is associated with your contract)... but e.g. in the EU there is the data retention directive that requires ISPs to even log individual connections. (Actually the EU directive is a "contract" between the European Council/Parlament and member nations, not between EC/EP and ISPs. The nations must adopt the directives in local law themselves. Usually they either adopt it as is, adopt it and extend it, have already adopted it or refuse to do so (this usually works by ruling that it conflicts with constitution).) read more at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 24:EN:HTML. There is a visualisation for retained mobile phone connection metadata at http://www.zeit.de/datenschutz/malte-sp ... -retention

Concerning your question about geographical location: There is a limited number of IP adresses available. They are goverened and distributed by organisations like http://www.iana.org and (?) http://www.ripe.net/ . Now your ISP buys IP addresses (whole ranges and networks) and uses them to connect you to the internet. They are not sitting there and free to use like on a private network with DHCP. (Try looking up your IP address and looking it up at https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.html)
There are databases like geoiptool that try to provide location information for any given ip address, but their accuracy greatly depends on different factors (e.g. if your ISP only operates in a small regional area or in the entire USA). Usually those databases are only good for associating IPs to countries.

So before getting yourself into something or asking someone know a little bit of what happens and think if it was you and someone was trying to find out your RL info would you want them to?

Most of the time you just need to block whatever person ignore them and have your friends ignore them if they listen to what someone else tells them and they don't trust your words after then they were not very good friends to begin with. Also remember half of the time people can BS the information out of you without you knowing so be careful and be aware of what is ask of you and about you before you respond.

I hope this has helped a little bit before you consider asking or attempting to try and find anothers ISP

:tlasmug:
Posted 6 years ago
i don't think you can :dick:
Posted 6 years ago
Ask them to add you on any social network site that should give you there country city and real first and last name then you can do public record search from there. You must be able to get some sort of information out of them before you can get there real dox. I can get dox from people very easily. It is all about how you approach them and why they think you need to be added to there social network.. Alot won't give it alot give it instantly. Some do make social network accounts just for imvu friends though so you will of course need there true original social media account username or them to add you. I am sure you can think of a way to find out this information from them if you know them well enough. :) That would be about the only way I would know other than sending them to a link to obtain there ip.