Black Market Scamwatch!

cysia
by cysia · 35 posts
6 years ago in Mafia Market
Posted 6 years ago
Soulljah wrote:
New seller of an IMVU Account "papercuts" has the same PayPal email address as Gustav (see above). Ad has been flagged.

Esbeth wrote:
Papercuts has been Been Banned Thank you for informing UsEs

Soulljah Reported about papercuts : and Esbeth banned

[url]https://www.imvumafias.org/community/buysell/product.php?product_id=2267
[/url]

but Same Ads from Leon - ( i did talked with him Kik and Skype aswell )

Same person came by New nick ( Scammer )

so whats the Point now that @Esbeth banned ?

( Foeward to @DataMine )
Posted 6 years ago
It seems a few of you haven't bothered to read the rules. We do not tolerate harassment, name calling etc here. I don't care if the person is a scammer or not. You can report them and let staff deal with them.

If you have proof someone is scamming, just state your proof. If the scammer replies to you or you otherwise have to post about them, simply states the facts and leave the name calling out of it. Bickering back and fourth with the person doesn't help anyone and it's just a drag on the community.

@Yah
You are in violation of our market and community rules as well as our community guidelines. We do not tolerate name calling, scamming or creating multiple Mafia accounts. I will continue to ban any new accounts you make and delete any ads you post.

@RI5
See what I said above about the name calling and bickering.

Keep the thread clean or I'll be forced to lock it.
Posted 6 years ago
Just wanted to point out. Even if you ip ban someone they can use a VPN or a changer and still log on the site with a new account. Only thing you can do is figure that person algorithm and continue with the ban hammer.
Posted 6 years ago
DataMine wrote:
It seems a few of you haven't bothered to read the rules. We do not tolerate harassment, name calling etc here. I don't care if the person is a scammer or not. You can report them and let staff deal with them.

If you have proof someone is scamming, just state your proof. If the scammer replies to you or you otherwise have to post about them, simply states the facts and leave the name calling out of it. Bickering back and fourth with the person doesn't help anyone and it's just a drag on the community.

@Yah You are in violation of our market and community rules as well as our community guidelines. We do not tolerate name calling, scamming or creating multiple Mafia accounts. I will continue to ban any new accounts you make and delete any ads you post.

@RI5 See what I said above about the name calling and bickering.Keep the thread clean or I'll be forced to lock it.

Really Very Much Appreciated @DataMine

and i apologize if i did anything wrong - _ i just got mad that Scammer came multiple ids and posting forums here and also in new id he make new ads ( even if he got ban from his old mafia nick _)

so i just Mention it .

@SSoulljah Mentioned :

i did talked with person pretty much longer ( He was in Papercuts nick and now in Clapped _ https://www.imvumafias.org/community/buysell/product.php?product_id=2267

still he sending just pics only ( i did contacted him his kik and his skype aswell but he dont even give his id name ( even i did told him ( ask Mafia site admin then tell your id name but he dont )
so with out cheking things then how can trust him nd buy from him ?

he really didnot give any proper details but he said send money first then i will give _

how can i do like blindly ?

This ad is a scam: https://www.imvumafias.org/community/buy ... ct_id=2226

@Gustav aka leon-win@hotmail.co.uk had over 48 hours to provide the account but went dark as soon as he received the agreed upon down payment. The ad has been flagged. Don't anyone else waste your time with him.

-- Fri May 04, 2018 9:53 pm --

https://www.imvumafias.org/community/ucp ... 0&p=233926
Take karma from me because I exposed you? ROFL

Here is the message history. Let's let the community decide if you're a scammer or not.
https://www.imvumafias.org/community/ucp ... 0&p=233531

All you have to do is deliver.

@Esbeth Banned : : same person Made new nick and make ads https://www.imvumafias.org/community/buysell/product.php?product_id=2267
in Diffrent Nick and with Diffrent paypal id ( i did talked with him kik and skype aswell)

so whats the pont about banning scammers ? thats only my Question -

DataMine wrote:
Keep the thread clean or I'll be forced to lock it.

Please Dont Lock This Thread DM _ so Followed Other Mafia Members if they Find Scammers then thy could Mention their Product _ so it will be Awareness for others DM
Posted 6 years ago
@RI5

You've already made your case the person has been banned. There's no need to continue posting your evidence. Also, private messages can't be linked to. That's why they are called PRIVATE messages.
Posted 6 years ago
Killanoise wrote:
Just wanted to point out. Even if you ip ban someone they can use a VPN or a changer and still log on the site with a new account. Only thing you can do is figure that person algorithm and continue with the ban hammer.

@Killanoise _ million Dollar Question :D

ofc they do come by other nick with VPN _ but how long ? They cant do nothing by vpn Much_ ( if they make Ads also - It be like Similer then his old ads post we can find out easy ) not a big deal

for this Admin have to make one more thing Which is ( one more Option ( if he give a Option to leave a review about the Product ) then we could Find out about the Product _

I Mean who ever looking the Product _ and getting info about the Product ( Mafia Members Can Leave a review about the Product That _ how much the seller Polite to talk with you and how about the Product _ Only ( whom longer in Mafia They can Leave a Review After Check out the Account ) ( by this also can control the Scammer )

so it will will be Helpful for others :D

or make one Option like that he should get a grade level Some how in Mafia Community _ then only he can Sell Accounts ( Accounts only ) Credits Optional _ by this also can control Scammers _ and follwed by rest my Posts _ ( IP ban _ and no selling option for New Mafia Nick )

Well Guys Dont mistaken me plz - i Just Raise This forum for all of us _ because even i do buy Things from here _ my only Point is _ what can you do if you cant get the Stuff Right for your Money

or Just Think _ if a Scammer hit you and you lost your money ( not all are the same _ some pplz will save money and try to buy a thing - so whatz the Point if he or she Lost the Product shortly by Scammer ? ? is it Fair ? that being Cheated by some one else ?

all are not not that much Rich _ in my Knowledge _ most of try to get Reasonable price and try to make more!

this how we all do working - so how about if we got cheat by some one ? is it fair ?

Well So Yeah i will Finish My topic here But Please Dont Lock This Topic _ @Admin

and You Guys

if you have Find Who ever Scam With You _ Just Flag The Product And Send PM to @DataMine ( @Admin !

He well Take care of it _ thanks to all _ :D

-- Mon May 14, 2018 8:56 pm --

DataMine wrote:
@RI5You've already made your case the person has been banned. There's no need to continue posting your evidence. Also, private messages can't be linked to. That's why they are called PRIVATE messages.

Yes DM _ true But here the Person got ban and he came again by New nick _ so i Just Mentioned it Thats all DM _

Suggestion Thing : if you Make a Rule that the Person cant Sale Accounts by Noob Nick _ less then one month old Mafia Nick _

and the Person Profile Has Review Option about his Product ( other pplz will check out and leave their opinion it Might be Helpful for others also Scammer Thing could be Control by This @DataMine _

well it just my Opinion _ also

You Guys Can Share your Opinion _ for _ how to Control Scammer Thing

Well This Forum Must Needed For us Since We do buying Accounts ( i hope You all understand )
Posted 6 years ago
In my experience, most people who want to sell their IMVU account have not used their IMVU account in years; they are just trying to make some quick money by selling something they no longer use anymore. That type of person normally does not have a mafia account and is not willing to wait 2 weeks to sell their account. They are just looking to sell quick. I can pretty much guarantee you right now, if you add a 2 week waiting rule to selling accounts, the account section of the market is going to completely dry up ... it will be empty. I know, because we have tried that before. We use to have the same restrictions we currently have on selling credits on selling accounts also. Our staff had a meeting about it a few months ago; the best idea we came up with was to simply charge sellers a few bucks to post an account selling ad on the market; that way we can track sellers via their payment method. Selling anything else on the market would still be free, but we would charge a few dollars for the ability to sell accounts.
Posted 6 years ago
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
Selling anything else on the market would still be free, but we would charge a few dollars for the ability to sell accounts.

That sounds like a great idea.
Posted 6 years ago
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
In my experience, most people who want to sell their IMVU account have not used their IMVU account in years; they are just trying to make some quick money by selling something they no longer use anymore. That type of person normally does not have a mafia account and is not willing to wait 2 weeks to sell their account. They are just looking to sell quick. I can pretty much guarantee you right now, if you add a 2 week waiting rule to selling accounts, the account section of the market is going to completely dry up ... it will be empty. I know, because we have tried that before. We use to have the same restrictions we currently have on selling credits on selling accounts also. Our staff had a meeting about it a few months ago; the best idea we came up with was to simply charge sellers a few bucks to post an account selling ad on the market; that way we can track sellers via their payment method. Selling anything else on the market would still be free, but we would charge a few dollars for the ability to sell accounts.

I'm not certain if there are guidelines for sellers to follow when posting ads, since I can't seem to find them atm, but if there aren't, then there should be. The degree to which seller's ads vary between one another makes it more difficult to pick out legitimate ads from the non-legitimate. Also, I believe that requiring ads to have certain details and meet a certain standard could discourage some scammers from listing an ad at all, since following the guidelines could increase their chances of being exposed.
Posted 6 years ago
@Xacto

It's part of our Terms of service under the help menu at the top of the site.

https://www.imvumafias.org/community/terms_of_service.php