IMVU Banning for no reason

Hydra
by Hydra · 30 posts
8 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 8 years ago · Author
xhynrae wrote:
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote: They only use bluecava. I have run tests. As long as bluecava is gone in the client ... client wise my accounts are not connected / mass banned.So DO NOT log into through web browser?But when submitting products, window opens confirming submission and have to choose whether to publish or not.Is IP picked up then?

If you have a VPN then they cannot pick up your IP. They will pick up the VPN's IP.
Posted 8 years ago
Hydra wrote:
If you have a VPN then they cannot pick up your IP. They will pick up the VPN's IP.

Not necessarily. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/not-so-anonymous-online-11-popular-vpn-services-have-ipv6-security-data-leak-problems-1509026 Depends on VPN used. Yes when ive tested personally with some VPNs the ipv4 picked up is the VPN's. However my ipv6 is not hidden for some and is still trackable. Thus, important to use reputable trustworthy VPN otherwise turn ipv6 off.

Not sure which one Bluecava tracks.

Per Don's suggestion, went ahead and installed Block Site on FF browser.

-- Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:06 pm --

Hydra, as far as your original thread post. Banning associated accounts because of age sounds like bullshit. https://imvuportal.cnxcloud.com/view-article/2098ec80-d3a9-1693-2ce5-55d1f4357194

First, please remember that deliberately misrepresenting your age on IMVU is a violation of our Terms of Service. If you are 18 or older in real life, you may choose to present your age as anything as long as it is also 18 or above. However, if you are a minor, you should sign up with your real age.

If for any reason you wish to change or correct your age, you may do so by filing a Help Ticket. Attach a clear and legible copy of any Government-issued ID that contains your date of birth for reference. Please note that we can only work with attachments written in the Roman alphabet.

This if i read correctly says they dont give a shit if you lie about your age if you are over truly 18 years of age and represent yourself over 18. Misrepresenting overage or underage is the problem. So if any of those accts were under 18 when not or you are really over 18 posing underage. That may have been deciding factor, but who hell knows with imvu. TOS states they can ban for whatever their ass feels.
Posted 8 years ago
makes sense tho because of minors and imvu doesnt want to get into legal issues .I had to submit id one time just to get credits and had been buying for over a year
Posted 8 years ago
Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
I see lots of people talking about ip's, but IMVU tracks you by way more than just your ip. It is easier to simply block the tracking scripts than it is to change everything on your computer they are tracking.

well thats why i started to get scared of this shit lol and took some precautions like you mentioned and using lite and a vpn i dont know how good it is but the speed is good and it shows me with a different ip lol
i dont know if we can do more then that
Posted 5 years ago
Just out of curiosity, is bluecava still what imvu uses? I finally got around to installing the blocker recommended by Don but then had to deactivate it to get back into this thread :facepalm:. At least I know it's working ;-)

Update -

Googled Bluecava and came up with this on their website:

Reset Your Advertising ID
You can reset the advertising ID we generate when we recognize your device. This will unlink your device from any of the data that has been accumulated and assigned to that ID. The effect is the same as if you had just gotten a new computer or phone. To reset your advertising ID click the button to the right. Note, that if you reset your advertising ID we will automatically apply the opt-out setting from the old ID to the new one when we create the new one, so if you have opted out above you won’t have to do that again.

Your ID: 00xxez0zz-7z59-4x32-zx78-581ff95z9x98 (ID changed to protect my innocence)

You can opt-out of bluecava tracking but they state that if one of their "clients" uses bluecava for payment/security tracking, opt-out doesn't work.

I think I will make resetting my Ad ID part of my daily start-up routine. Any thoughts?
Posted 5 years ago
Soulljah wrote:
I finally got around to installing the blocker recommended by Don but then had to deactivate it to get back into this thread :facepalm:.

@Soulljah

What blocker did he recommend? If noscript then simply whitelist our site. There's no reason to run a script blocker on our site as all but one of our scripts are used solely for functionality. The one that doesn't is a simple tracker that only gives us generic information to help us better understand what are members use our site with.
Posted 5 years ago
@Datamine

I didn't block the site. Earlier in this thread Don mentioned the chrome extension BlockSite :link below

Don Von Alpha Dom wrote:
To get around that problem, I use chrome and this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... cgbh?hl=en Enable the "block words" option and add the following words:
bluecava
tracking

I just blocked the words he suggested and sure enough, this thread closed.
Posted 5 years ago
Yeah, I was just surprised I didn't see that coming - lol. Any thoughts on Bluecava's Ad ID. Was kinda creepy to see I even had one altho' I guess it could have been generated the moment I connected to their site. Would this be the same ID IMVU uses to track our activity? What do you think? Search the logfiles for that string? I mean, I use IMVU Lite always unless I'm using T3DE so that combined with TMAC and my VPN gives me pretty solid warm and fuzzies, this is more a curiosity/knowledge question. Or maybe I'm just too phreaking paranoid ...