Trying To crack the imvu private room link

Christian
by Christian · 33 posts
7 years ago in Off Topic
Posted 5 years ago · Author
DataMine wrote:
Yeah, I never received a reply to my offer of help so I left the Room Finder alone. It doesn't work and probably never will.

@DataMine
Im willing to run any test using the software.
Posted 5 years ago
Did imvu next switch the data you used to get information, I know its messed with a lot of programs.
@Heli
i think what imvu is doing is reusing old data but but making it look more up to date, the last version of the client was supposed to be fixed but instead a bunch of security updates was added. the reason why i said that they are useing old data is because you still have the option to search their old database using google.. also their algorithm design needs help. when tryin to access rooms its still base off the old data just with a few tweeks https://www.imvu.com/rooms/ now i was lookin at mobile and next they both have the same data just different platforms Image if we can get the correct data from this app we can use it on next then just think we can access anything thats on a browser. that means if your in a private room we would be able to access that room from a browser. ive done it b4 using next just tryin to figure out whats the security rule imvu put in place that reloads you back to the classic website's homepage.
Posted 5 years ago
No, I just got burnt out working on it. I released several beta updates and with each one the feature requests and bug reports lists just kept growing. On top of that I discovered a bug that effectively broke the entire program and would require a complete rewrite. So I've jut put it on the back burner and worked on other things.
DataMine wrote:
No, I just got burnt out working on it. I released several beta updates and with each one the feature requests and bug reports lists just kept growing. On top of that I discovered a bug that effectively broke the entire program and would require a complete rewrite. So I've jut put it on the back burner and worked on other things.

Yea i feel you
@DataMine
Posted 5 years ago
feel the same
Posted 5 years ago
DataMine wrote:
Yeah, I never received a reply to my offer of help so I left the Room Finder alone. It doesn't work and probably never will.

Well, after much testing, your code works D.M. The problem lies in the fact that we don't really understand what it's showing us; or what the database you're accessing really contains. That's my HO but yeah, I can understand putting it on hold. Disappointing but it still brings us a little more knowledge so...
Posted 5 years ago
@Soulljah

Yeah that was one of the big issues. I couldn't find a design that made everyone happy. Then while trying to fix those issues I discovered that major bug I mentioned and it just put me completely off the project.

The Room Finder isn't abandoned though, I'm still doing WPF work that will eventually get used on the Room Finder but right now it's shelved for a while.

Part of the massive update to our forums I'm working on will be a new and improved programming corner where we'll be posting tutorials, code snippets and all sorts of programming goodness. So I'm sure it will lead back to the RF in time.
Posted 5 years ago
@DataMine
That programming corner sounds interesting. Looking forward to it now that you guys have the site back up and running.
Posted 5 years ago
smart move...also. should put people on ur friendlist trace them down XD