IMVU Groups and Starting/Running One

Graves
by Graves · 2 posts
5 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 5 years ago · Author
In my time on IMVU I have come across many different types of groups. From BDSM Lifestyle groups to your more "regular" type of groups.

In this topic I will not be getting into the BDSM Lifestyle groups as I have already posted a topic on that by itself. To check out that thread see: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=12629&p=155630#p155630

Groups on IMVU are a great way to get to know people to are into the same things that you are. From subcultures to hobbies.I am personally most familiar with the goth/alternative and BDSM scene within IMVU. But there is a group of people for everyone, that is one of the great things about the client.

Groups that I am most familiar with:

- The Morgue
- Gorethedral
- The Funeral Parlor
- Sacrificial
- Amputation
- Blood Cult
- Morbid
- Hellscream
- The Graveyard
- Retribution
- Glaciated

Now groups are great. I love them and have personally found home within them. But there are also families if you are interested in a sometimes smaller group to be a part of. They are great for people looking for a more "permanent" place in the IMVU community.

Starting and/or Running your group!

Now I am no expert by any means, but I do run my own group so there are things that I have learned in my time of running this group of mine.

First, you of course want a name! You can use whatever you'd like! Having people already as friends to join in the beginning is always a great thing to help you get started. One of the great things about IMVU is the art. With your own group, you can make your own art for it, or commission other artists to do it if making art isn't really your thing.
Make your brand.
Your group needs to have meaning. Just having a random sector of people chilling together wont really go anywhere, but if that's what you want then by all means go for it! But for those of you that want your group to go further and flourish, stay with me.

Discord

Discord is an AMAZING way to grow your group. On IMVU you can link potential members to your server via a permanent invite link, or a temporary invite link. Perma links never expire, while temp links expire after 24 hours.

My group personally has it's own discord server. In this server there are roles for the different "levels" within the group. Now this can be complicated if you are just starting and have no idea what you are getting yourself into. But it is a great way to boost activity and make it more "elite" if that is your gig. Giving people specific jobs within the group is also a great option! Having designated artists can help with publicity.
In my personal group's server I allow members to apply to open a shop channel. In this they can sell art outside of IMVU or IMVU affiliated artworks like Display Pictures, Stickers, Badges, Homepages, AND MORE!

RULES! RULES! RULES!

Rules are so important! You need to keep things together and make sure the group doesn't fall apart. My main rule is NO DRAMA I hate drama and have ZERO tolerance for it.

When my group started my Discord server had an NSFW category. Which is perfectly fine of course. We also had a nudes channel. But as the group grew and developed I decided to change all of the NSFW channels into locked channels that could only be accessed by people who were granted a special role. NSFW role for the general NSFW channels, and a LWEDS role for the lewds channel.
I give the NSFW role to those in the server who ask for it, but I am more strict about the the LEWDS role. This is only given to people that I deem to be the most trustworthy as the safety of my group's members are a priority.
Some groups are more lax about their rules, but I am personally pretty strict about it. My moderators are expected to be strict about them as well. Because a growing group means that there is always a chance for people entering to cause chaos. And of course I have ZERO tolerance for it.

I hope this guide has helped you a bit. As time passes I will add more things to this topic to help.
If there are any groups or ideas that you would like to have added, please privately DM me or comment below.
Posted 5 years ago
finally someone who acutally care about no drama rules and real life style of BDSM i feel like imvu is fake toward i hate fact that alot people false recalim who they are when they arent. no one knows couple of story of Creed its sadden me.