How do I hide my outfits?

dotell
by dotell · 9 posts
5 years ago in Help & Support
Posted 5 years ago · Author
@Heralds

Hi

So is there any program anywhere that really works for keeping your outfit hidden? It seems I use one to hide it then other programs unhide it ...this really sucks... Any programs to really hide your outfit are appreciated...thanks
Posted 5 years ago
I think it hides when you pay 10 dollars to emporium. Lol thats the only one I know.
Posted 5 years ago
@dotell

There is no such thing as a program that keeps your outfits hidden. There are only programs that unhide outfits; several of them at that ... all made and maintained by different people. Sometimes, one or more of those people making such programs offer to make their software filter out certain people for money, like a street gang collecting "protection money" so that their own gangsters do not attack you. Paying such fees does not actually make you invulnerable ... you are just paying for a subset of a very large population to no longer view your outfits. One of the more popular examples of someone accepting protection money, as Heralds pointed, out is "IMVU emporium" ... but paying such people does not actually keep your outfits hidden. You are just paying of a small sub set of the h4c|<7r population on IMVU ... while the rest are still free do to as they wish, un-hiding your outfits and having fun trying out your styles.

Our own site even has a tool for unhiding outfits, but we do not try to swindle people out of protection money, instead valuing the continued functionality of our tool over making a profit: services/generators/imvu-outfit-clone/imvu-outfit-cloner.php
Posted 5 years ago
Paying emporium 10 dollars or imvu pro 50 (lol) is, in other words, burning money.
They can't protect you from such things, because they never did anything special in the first place. All outfits, who is wearing them, this is all written in the link of each "products in scene". If someone wants to see your outfits, and they really want to, they don't need to use such websites, it's pretty easy otherwise.

The links start with the avatar ID, then what said avatar is wearing: ID by ID of each product.
If you don't want to open each ID everytime, you can use any website that "unhides" outfits simply by exchanging the blocked ID, that said, the ID that was paid to be "protected", to one that isn't. Tada! There it is.

Because they can't really protect you, they protect said ID. If the website thinks is another person using your outfit that you paid to protect, there is nothing said website can do. 10~50 dollars burned, hands down.

Not to mention that, say you pay for this bullshit protection, what happens when another website that unhides outfits appear? Pay another fee? Better to deal with it.
Posted 5 years ago
@Ubiytsa

@Don Von Alpha Dom

Here is a trick for you guys. save your outfits with just accessories and just wear your top-bottom and skin-head after you enter to a room. Better yet just hangout in your own room. Problemo solved.
Posted 5 years ago
@Heralds

I don't see how that can help.
Posted 5 years ago
if you dont save your outfit then no website can show your outfit.
@Ubiytsa
Posted 5 years ago
@Heralds

They don't exactly get their hands on those. The saved ones they got on emporium, are the ones that were previoulsy opened there. Mafias though, I see they can show even the outfit shown on that next profile thingy.

If you have a private outfit folder, I *think* nobody can see. This kind of website only opens what you are wearing in a room, in the moment that someone copys the products in scene link and paste there.