User banned.

Soulljah
by Soulljah · 19 posts
5 years ago in Help & Support
Posted 5 years ago
@Soulljah
in my experience imvu seems to track in many ways.

Back when i used to involve myself in selling Trigger Dicks (not from IMVU MAFIA), i got permanently banned 4 times, then all of my accounts on my evil laptop got disabled and the accounts on my good laptop was not disabled. So i think in this case would be my laptop's ip address that they see when i log into their website. Even when i tried to create a new account on the evil laptop, it was instantly disabled....

another scenario i experienced is when i migrated to the United States, all of my accounts on all of my laptops were put on hold due to suspicious activity and i had to verify all of them before they took off the hold..... they refused to un-hold 2 grandfather accounts that i bought from IMVU Mafia's market. those bartards gave me the wrong info..... anyways i think in this case would be my Internet service provider changing from one country to another. that is suspicious isn't it?

Seeing that IMVU is getting really serious about their rules, they must have blocked your friend from all possible directions..... according to the information on their previous records.
Posted 5 years ago
@Don Von Alpha Dom

holy shit........ is this really a game? Read the list carefully guys. securely yourselves or RIP :ghost:
Posted 5 years ago
@cysia

@Don Von Alpha Dom

Goddamn! I bet that if they were ever questioned about all this information, they would say it helps improve the game. Yeah right, because we see the client get better and better each year.

I had never saw a "telemetry" like this, it looks really intrusive. Not to mention that it even has a third party company involved in this.
Posted 5 years ago · Author
Looking at the list almost everything on it is hardware related. As soon as you get a new computer that info is no longer the same. So in this case IP has been changed by VPN so it can't be that, IMVU either sees the MAC addy of the VPN server or the new MAC addy of the new network card in the new PC so it can't be that. No credit card or any payment method has been used yet, just simple GA Guest accounts AND he is using IMVULite with the new accounts he has been trying so all of this info is not being sent.

@Esbeth
Which internet provider number are you referring to?

@Heralds
That pattern matching sounds interesting. I'll find out if he has been using similar names and email addresses.
Posted 5 years ago
@Soulljah
Say you are with Comcast...they assign you a ISP address..Now the IP address is your individual computers address it has this changes with each new computer you hook up. But your ISP remains the same. This is what they hang you on to know you are banned and as long as anyone logs in at that address using that ISP their accounts will be banned...say I take my lappy and you are banned and I log in at your house then my account becomes banned as well. So what you need to do is call Comcast and have them give you another ISP number..say that you are getting h4c|<7d to much through the one you have now...security reasons...then get that new number assigned then create you another account. As others have mentioned above don't used the same email address or the credit card or the names on the account as you used before...nothing to leave a trail to the original account. Sometimes even a DNS Flush is good as well.
Posted 5 years ago
@Soulljah

I know whenever you post on the IMVU forums, it records a bunch of info about your client / setup, which is then visible to IMVU forum mods.

Also, they have some JavaScript based tracking which you can block via script blockers: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11040&hilit=script+blocker
Posted 5 years ago
@Soulljah

I think your friend has to confirm if the browser he is using does go through the vpn and uses that IP. Softwares work differently from websites. So worth a try using a different browser or doing some more research on browsers
Posted 4 years ago · Author
UPDATE (long overdue). He finally made it back on but he needed to use a vpn and a script blocker and blackliste bluecava
as well as using names and emails not anywhere close to the same as he had in past. He also had to enable javascript as an exception in his script blocker.

Of course after all that, he got fed up with IMVU and has moved on - lol. Thanks everyone for your input.