Mass Gifting People (question)

istankko
by istankko · 3 posts
4 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 4 years ago · Author
Hello guys,

I was wondering if we can get banned from mass gifting our own product to people ?
This method is like easing your way to go up in pages and I don't know if IMVU allows it.

The only thing I know is whether I gift a product with real credits it does count as a sale and the creator makes profit off it.

If it's allowed, do you guys suggest to use an alt account to mass gifting my own product ?

Thank you
Posted 4 years ago
@istankko

2014 - IMVU staff started disabling dummy accounts used for mass gifting / buying, but did not punish the developer

2017 - IMVU staff stopped counting gifting and predit sales toward product ranking

2019 - IMVU staff started adding anti-botting measures to their product purchasing API's

You can still use gifting and predit sales to raise your tire level, specially if you leave 5 star product ratings, but you can not use said sales to rank up to the catalog's top page.

To cheat the system now, you have to use real credits, direct buys (no gifting), and be prepared for IMVU staff to ban all of your dummy accounts at any time.

Your best option is to ally yourself with a group of developers, and trade buy for buy.
Posted 4 years ago · Author
Alright thank you for your answer.