IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 3 years ago
been using it for over an year now, works even better than the actual imvu client 0 crashes & way less laggy than the original plus whats more fun then posting pics straight from shop :D
Posted 3 years ago
waiting for the next update
Posted 3 years ago
This is safe right? When I try to download it, it tries to block it saying it's a trojan virus. I've been using it since about 2019 but the older version from about a year ago no longer works without crashing every 10 seconds, so I was trying to download the newer version.
Posted 3 years ago
It was the most recent version, V39 but I got it solved. Windows Defender kept saying it was a virus so I just shut it off to download it and worked fine.
Posted 3 years ago
Diavolosx wrote:
It was the most recent version, V39 but I got it solved. Windows Defender kept saying it was a virus so I just shut it off to download it and worked fine.

@Datamine

I'm wondering if using the Deep Client's delete IMVU executable with this would solve defender issues?
Posted 3 years ago · Author
@Diavolosx

The IMVULite install comes with 2 files. One to delete the old IMVU and one to install IMVUlite? Do you know which one was being detected as a virus?

@Don Von Alpha Dom

Possibly, if it was the DeleteIMVU file being detected. The DeleteIMVU file is a batch script that's been converted to an exe to make it easier for the user to run. During my tests, the DeleteIMVU file had 30 hits on VirusTotal. A simple hello world batch script converted to an exe got 8, two of which were Microsoft and Malwarebytes. They don't seem to like whatever the utility I use does to convert the scripts.

Recreating DeleteIMVU as an actual program in the same manor as the Deep Client's preparation tool would probably work.
Posted 3 years ago
Mellow wrote:
Hey, there's a virus in the file. Whenever I try to download it, google tells me "virus detected". I hope this is fixed soon.

@Mellow

@DataMine

That is a false positive, as explained in recent posts. Our developers are working on a solution.
Posted 3 years ago
this is wonderful software. i am using it.