.xsf decompiler

MAN0NA
by MAN0NA · 37 posts
3 years ago in Help & Support
Posted 3 years ago
I find it interesting too that is why I ask about it....when you open the xmf file in create mode....there are only 3 materials....and when you open this on notepad...you see the same 3 sub meshes..but you cannot delete one of the sub meshes...because it is not only the watermark...but your deleting the material as well...so I was wondering ....is there a way to find that in notepad..? was just curious...and it will be a good way to watermark your xmf file too.
Posted 3 years ago · Author
@Don Von Alpha Dom

Can you please tell me the steps to do a watermark in a product with as much info as you can
I need first to know: is I just need to make a 3d text with the word I want
Or I put it in a model!
How can I locate this watermark if I didn't need to put it in a model
And if I need to put it in a model from where I get that model...
Second I want to know how to export it as an xmf file
And finally how can I merge it in the other xmf file
And how to locate it in a material id
Posted 3 years ago
@thessa

I understand your friend concern but if a creator do so it means that he want to protect his work from others maybe no one can edit this xmf file except the person who created it .. so make your friend try to contact him outside imvu if she know his phone or email and find a possible solution for this problem
Posted 3 years ago
@thessa

PM the mesh to me please, I am interested in looking at it myself to see how exactly the watermark works.
Posted 3 years ago
@thessa

The the watermark shares a submesh with part of the actual product, then you will have to do a binary search of the submesh's polygons to figure out exactly which section of the submesh composes the watermark.
Posted 3 years ago
i did this once a long time ago to remove a watermark from a mesh. this is what I did. I decompiled the mesh which made it readable on 3dsmax. found the watermark deleted it. added my name then exported it as xmf.