"Hackers" in imvu.

CPY
by CPY · 20 posts
5 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 3 years ago
You cant be to careful and even then some how they still get you. I played at Pogo and last yr I canceled my membership. Some how beyond me I still had the cancel out e-mail confirmation. So I write... in short Pogo EA and Paypal. Both call me back. EA-Pogo says they have no recorded of my transaction. Don't exist. I send them both e-mails. Cancellation and the other one that shows they just charged my credit card that sense last yr was removed from their website and removed any authorization of use. Both Pogo and Paypal allowed this charge with out my authorization. So next step I went to my bank and They are on top of this BS. Also has someone use my card making a charge and I have no idea where or who this person could have been so I had to get the bank to block all credit use online and replace my card. So I no longer use online banking. I would tell any one who needs to do any transactions to get a pre-loaded credit card. Any advice? Love to get more help on this matter.
Posted 3 years ago
Imvu takes all your info and sells it to 3rd party.
Posted 3 years ago
@CredsKing

Pretty much every company does that these days. Especially if their service is "free".
Posted 3 years ago
@fallgirl

I haven't ran into any either with canceling services. I don't sign up to many but when I do I make sure to read through all their sign up info and check my account settings after because they sometimes hide settings for reacquiring payments.

As for advice, keep accounts segregated. Use different login information on everything you sign up for. Use multiple email addresses to sandbox websites and services when you want to limit what data they have access to or need to remove yourself from them.

Use temporary emails when you can, some good ones are:
https://temp-mail.org/en/
https://temp-mail.io/en

When it comes to signing up to financial services always keep a layer between your bank/paypal/etc and the people you're doing business with. For example, I have multiple cashapp accounts and only one of them is tied to my bank. The others I give out to people when they need to pay me or when I need to pay them. This way you can cancel the account if need be and it helps minimize the risk to your bank account from less than reputable people.

As you mentioned, prepaid cars are a good route to go when you need to purchase something and the seller is shady or you just don't want the transaction tracked.
Posted 3 years ago
My bank said once you used your bank card online and even like I did cancel services and remove your info from there website thru your settings they still have your info locked into there data or files. So in my case only thing that could be done was stopping and farther transactions from these games sites and not all are bad but because of Pogo being one of them and I was with them for many yrs and some one else and at this time the source is unknown but even getting a new bank card with new numbers still don't stop them from using your bank account and making purchase's because they have your bank routing number and no longer need your credit card. The bank said I could also close out my paypal account and that would also help stop transaction because of paypal letting thru unauthorized transactions. I always trusted paypal so im not sure what to do now. Ive always been safe and no problems till now so I think its just money hungry people out there right now because of the virus.
Posted 3 years ago
I don't believe IMVU "hackers" exist.
They just build a website where people voluntarily give their passwords away.
Thats not being h4c|<7d, that's people being stupid.
Posted 3 years ago
@CredsKing

Same
Posted 3 years ago
Hackers ain't no joke. Especially when IMVU uses your WiFi, location and personal information to properly power the app. I mean I get there may be some trolls but even if they're just some scumbag kid you should really watch out for you interacting with. Like in Roblox, if anyone plays, exploiters (what we call it) they crash servers and find their way into your account. 2 step verification isn't strong enough to by pass a h4c|<7r. So just watch out and pay attention to your surroundings. if you feel like your account is being bombarded, shut it down and get a new one. I'd highly suggest it. Hackers ain't nothing to play with. They put your life and your families life in danger. NO JOKE :awesome26:
Posted 3 years ago
Apparently also some people have backdoors on IMVU servers allowing them to takeover any accounts they wish without any need of brute forcing or whatever. I remember seeing a SQL dump with a lot of IMVU accounts with passwords, bank card used, etc. And yep they were working for some. Yet IMVU staff doesn't seems to give a shit about it.
Posted 3 years ago
I hope the new security system helps protect our accounts and also having a good bank helps as well when you work close with them and they know your shopping history how you shop and use your card so when things don't look right they stop it and contact you. Nothing is 100%, but just using a lil more common sense helps and having groups like this were we can help each other helps. Love you all. be blessed.