IMVULite [Updated 04-18-2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 1476 posts
12 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 2 years ago
JanessaBlack wrote:
I have a question i downloaded the imvulite but when i try to click it it opens very slow? and then when it finally opens it asks for a update do i update it??? when i do that it gives me a imvu update

@JanessaBlack

@thessa
is right. If you update, it's going to replace the IMVULite to the Classic version. Always try to come here a few times to see if a new update is available so you can download it here.

-- Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:07 pm --

cartier_ wrote:
I have purchased a new Mac book with the latest Update and I hateeeee this IMVU beta version, I use to have IMVU Lite on my old Mac but this download link doesn't work for me anymore is there anyway I can get IMVU lite back

@cartier_

I couldn't produce the error your getting. Are you downloading the IMVULite from the first page of this topic in the download button?

Either way, I don't think it should work for you since Mac doesn't support 64 bits applications anymore. Unless your new Mac has a outdated version of the IOS, it won't work.
Posted 2 years ago
thessa wrote:
@Garrett@ cartierIf you are using a mac one of our member @simha was able to use imvulite with crossover…maybe you can ask how he does it?Stay safe everyone

@thessa

Yeah. just saw the post from him 7 months ago.

@cartier_

If I understood correctly what he said about it, he ran the CrossOver software and he was able to run the client.
Posted 2 years ago
@Garrett

OK I see, when I attempt to install it says "the content can not be extracted with the unarchiver" I can't remember what I did on my last Mac for it to work but I have seen suggestions about running the crossover software so I will check that out, thanks!
Posted 2 years ago
cartier_ wrote:
@GarrettOK I see, when I attempt to install it says "the content can not be extracted with the unarchiver" I can't remember what I did on my last Mac for it to work but I have seen suggestions about running the crossover software so I will check that out, thanks!

@cartier_

No problem, let us know if you were able to run it.
Posted 2 years ago · Author
@cartier_

IMVULite is built off the Windows Client, it won't work on Mac natively. I have not used a Mac since highschool so I am not too familiar with with the OS, but I imagine you shouldn't have any trouble extracting the zip archive.

As for how to run the exe, you'll have to figure that out on your own but I've read that Parallels works well.
Posted 2 years ago
@DataMine
You can also run WineTricks to run EXE files. Those are emulators available for MAC and Linux.
You can also fetch a copy of VMware from the site Appnee; or you can run it with Parallels or Vbox
https://winebottler.kronenberg.org/
Posted 2 years ago
@thessa

ok thnk you
Posted 2 years ago
How can I prevent the client update warning window from appearing?
It didn't appear before, but with the latest versions of IMVULite it appears as soon as the client is started.
Posted 2 years ago
Amarok78 wrote:
How can I prevent the client update warning window from appearing?
It didn't appear before, but with the latest versions of IMVULite it appears as soon as the client is started.

@Amarok78

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can. You need to always ignore the updates everytime you start the client.